Columbia Coats and Jackets for Women
Columbia has been making sportswear since 1938. Among the different types of sporty fashionwear and accessories that the company crafts for women include a wide array of coats and jackets. You will find these products offered in a variety of colors, sizes, and designs.What kinds of women's coats and jackets are offered?
- Hooded jackets: The selection of women's hooded jackets in long and short styles are warm without being bulky.
- Zip fleece jackets: The fleece jacket is outdoor apparel that allows for ease when dressing in layers.
- Rain jackets: Waterproof rain jackets that keep women dry in the wettest conditions.
- Omni-Heat jackets: Omni-Heat jackets for women are filled with layers of thermal protection, making them an option when taking part in winter activities.
- Softshell jackets: Softshell jackets are designed to protect women from wind and water.
- Interchange jackets: These jackets are equipped with thermal reflective technology and adjustable features, which make them a customizable option for cold winter days.
- Pillow jackets: This is a spin on the classic puffy coat. These women's pillow jackets are insulated and water-resistant.
- Windbreakers: The selection of women's windbreakers are made of a water-resistant material, providing protection during rainy, snowy, or other high humidity weather conditions.
There are many different designs and options when it comes to the women's coats and jackets crafted by Columbia Sportswear. The specific coat or jacket that is selected will determine the features found in the outdoor apparel piece. Some features that Columbia uses when designing and manufacturing women's coats and jackets include:
- Omni-Heat Reflective Technology: Many of the winter coats use Omni-Heat Reflective Technology. Small silver dots are placed on the inside of the coat, and their reflective properties trap and retain the warmth naturally generated by the body.
- Omni-Tech Technology: The Omni-Tech jackets are made of a three-layer fabric that is breathable and waterproof.
- Omni-Shield Technology: Many of the jackets are treated with Omni-Shield Technology, a powerful stain-repellent that prevents dirt and grime from sticking to the fabric.
Columbia uses a wide variety of materials to construct their women's jackets. They include:
- Polyester: Polyester is used to create most of the insulating jackets. Omni-Heat Reflective jackets combine polyester shells with reflective polyester linings to ensure maximum warmth.
- Synthetic down: Many of the puffy jackets are filled with a light synthetic down that provides warmth even when wet.
- Nylon: Some of the jackets feature nylon shells and lining. This material is both flexible and breathable. It's also water-resistant, making it a practical choice for rain jackets.
- Polyester fleece: The fleece jackets use polyester filament fleece, which is designed for its breathable and durable makeup.