Columbia Water Shoes for Men
Amphibious sports require a shoe that can stand up to rocky terrain, slippery banks, and repeated soaking. By keeping your feet comfortable and dry, water shoes help you perform at your best while you boat, float, and explore. Columbia, founded to provide athletic wear, offers a range of water shoes for men like Men's Bahama, Men's Dorado, and Men's Drainmaker.What are the advantages of water shoes?
If you participate in activities that involve switching from land to water and back again, you can use water shoes. They provide varied advantages for amphibious sports, such as floating, boating, and hiking. These advantages include:
- Protection: These shoes' full coverage provides protection for the soles of your feet as you traverse rocky or uneven ground. They also protect the top of your feet, too.
- Traction: The grip of solid-soled shoes can work on the trail and stream bank.
- Support: A water shoe can provide additional support beyond what's commonly found in men's water sandals.
- Versatility: The shoes come in different styles like slip ons, mocassin-type shoes, and sneakers.
Knowing your activity type, foot shape, and local environment will help you choose a shoe that will meet your expectations and improve your performance. Consider a few key things when buying your shoes:
- Choose a material: For example: Mesh is light and Lycra dries quickly. Other materials include synthetic, canvas, nylon. An option is the Columbia Men's Drainmaker III Water Shoe which offers protective toe bumping and mesh material. The sole is rubber.
- Choose a closure method: Select a zipper or laces according to the style you prefer.
- Choose a style: Search for a shoe designed for the activity you do. Style options are the Ventsock water shoe, the Hydratooth water shoe, and the boatdrainer PFG boat shoe.
- Choose a size: Finding the right size based on a men's size chart often eliminates chafing. Columbia water shoes for men come in U.S. sizes 6 through 15 and European sizes 38.5 through 49.
Columbia uses several patented technologies in their water shoes. An explanation of this technology may help you choose the best men's shoe for your activity.
- Techlite: For Techlite shoes, a cushioning design used in the midsole.
- OMNI-GRIP: Razor siping on the sole helps the shoe grip to wet and slippery surfaces.
- OMNI-Shield: This fabric is made from a yarn coating that absorbs liquid and dries quickly.