Everything You Need to Know About Choosing a Collins KWM 2
When you enjoy amateur radio or listening to AM and FM radio stations, having the right transceiver helps you make the most of your time. A quality transceiver provides you with access to multiple functions and is able to pair with a range of equipment. On eBay, you can choose from a variety of affordable Collins KWM 2 transceivers at affordable prices.How do you choose an affordable Collins KWM 2 transceiver?
When shopping on eBay for affordable Collins KWM 2 transceivers, consider:
- Condition - Select a new, used, or manufacturer's refurbished transceiver. There are also parts-only transceivers available.
- Accessories - Choose one with or without an antenna coupler.
- Replacement parts - You can also select replacement parts such as capacitors, vacuum tubes, or tuning star knobs for your transceiver.
- Housing - Choose one with or without the housing or cage. There are metal and wood cabinet styles of housing for the transceivers.
The available types of Collins KWM 2 transceivers on eBay include:
- Base station - This type of transceiver is designed to remain fixed in place on a table or benchtop and be used with a large antenna.
- Base station and ham radio - This combines the radio and the transceiver. The set may include the antenna.
- Transmission units - This includes the base station and a microphone. It may also include the radio.
Some features of the durable Collins KWM 2 transceivers on eBay include:
- Tuning functions - The transceivers are able to perform rejection and exciter tuning.
- Gain adjustment - The transceivers offer manual adjustments for radio frequency and amplitude gain.
- Emission controller - You choose the type of emission by turning the knob.
- Headphone jack - The front face plate of the transceiver accepts a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Legs - The housing has legs to lift the unit up slightly from the surface that it is placed on.
The modes of operation for the Collins KWM 2 transceivers include AM radio, CCW for ham radio, and SSB for ham radio operations. The SSB, or single sideband, includes both the upper and lower sideband functions. The bands of operation for the transceivers include high frequency and ultra high frequency. The high-frequency range is 3 to 30 MHz. The ultra-high-frequency range is 300 MHz to 3 GHz.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Collins.