Things to Know Before Purchasing a Collectible Washington License Plate
Maybe you are a beginning collector looking for your first Washington license plate find. Or maybe you are an experienced collector looking to add to your ample license plate collection. Whatever the case, you will want to keep the following factors in mind before making your purchase.Decide what look you desire for your collectible Washington license plates
Many collectors seek a license plate with a specific design or color. Some collectible license plates from Washington are green, black, or white, while others have the word Washington or the state outline printed on them. Do you want the date to be visible? What material do you prefer the prospective license plate to be made from? You may even prefer the more nostalgic look of vintage Washington state license plates.What year do you want your license plate to be from?
Regardless of what decade the license plate was made in, eBay likely has the year you are seeking on sale. For example, in 1955, many Washington plates were metal tags. The 1947 Washington license plates as well as the 1966 Washington license plates are highly sought after. The 1974 plates had a green backdrop with white lettering, while the 1988 plates had a mountain backdrop. If you are an experienced collector, you will likely be familiar with what design corresponds to what year. If you are new to collecting, you might be excited to discover the wide range of options available to you.What else might you consider before buying a collectible Washington license plate?
Other factors that may influence your decision include:
- Price: You may want to consider the cost of the item that you are looking to buy. eBay allows you to filter by price, leaving the option open to identify your lowest price point, highest price point, and everything in between.
- Condition: This may be another important factor for you to consider. Do you want the plate to be in new or used condition? eBay allows you to identify which one you would prefer.
- Vendor: If you are used to buying collectible license plates from a particular person who sells on eBay, you may decide to search for specific products that person is selling.
- Location: You can choose to buy from sellers located a certain distance from you, anywhere in the United States, throughout North America, or anywhere in the world.
- Delivery and returns: You may want to check for timing and cost of delivery, carrier, whether guaranteed delivery is available, and whether the vendor accepts returns.