Common Questions about the Cisco 3550 Switch
By connecting servers, printers, peripheral devices, and computers, the Cisco 3550 switch is an essential appliance in your local area network. Cisco designs and distributes stackable, enterprise-class, multiyear switches that can deliver high security, availability, and quality of service to improve the operation of your local network. Through the cheaply priced catalyst 3550 that is readily available on eBay, network administrators can deploy a wide range of intelligent services, such as rate limiting, advanced quality of service, access control, and IP routing.What security services do 3550 switches offer?
It is not imperative to think that your local network is secure from intrusion and threats, regardless of whether you have installed an antimalware, firewall, or antivirus software. Although these tools protect your network from viruses and worms, the reasonably priced Cisco 3550 has some inbuilt security features that enable you to determine and scale your traffic. You can use the well-designed cisco 3550 switch to limit your network traffic as well as determine the network resources authorized traffic can utilize. Additional security features include the following:
- Embedded security - Thus encrypts communication and protects data that move through the well-priced ws-c3550-48-smi switch.
- Access control lists - Control lists limit access by unauthorized users.
- Virtual LANs - Virtual local area networks are used to divide the network into segmented workgroups. This security feature allows IT administrators to develop guest work groups that have controlled access to your network.
- Port security - Port security protocol authenticates network traffic by reviewing MAC addresses at the port. The highly efficient 3550 switches also support time-based IEEE 802.1X. This protocol uses time conditions to regulate traffic access.
The WS-C3550-48-SMI EOL is an easily scalable switch. The well-crafted Cisco 3550 switch gives establishments a strong and adaptive protection from threats through a unique combination of hardware and software scalability. The innovative multiprocessor and software design of Cisco 3550 enable establishments to install security features as the organization's security needs increase.What features make the Catalyst 3550 switches more efficient?
Cisco Catalyst 3550 switches have features that improve their efficiency and effectiveness. Some the features include:
- High performance - The Cisco 3550 can be deployed in demanding environments. The switch can handle speeds of up to 75 Mbps.
- Modular design - The economically friendly Cisco 3550 switch has a modular design to allow easier scalability and extensibility.
- Easy to use - The innovative Cisco 3550 is user-friendly. IT administrators can easily diagnose and restore both hardware and software concerns through a Cisco Smart Call Home feature.