Chantal is a brand of cookware owned by Heida Thurlow, and the company was established in 1971. Chantal cookware consists of stainless steel, cast iron, and copper, some of which is ceramic enameled. This cookware is intended to enhance conductivity, corrosion resistance, and safety.What is Copper Fusion cookware?
Copper Fusion cookware contains copper plates fused into a carbon-steel core. This fusion is suspended between layers of enamel.Can you cook with enamel pots?
Enameled cookware is manufactured according to the strictest safety standards and is intended to meet all United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) requirements. Chantal enamel is cadmium and lead safe and intended to comply with both FDA and CA Prop 65 requirements. Pieces are also intended to be:
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe for use on all stove types
- Safe to cook or store acidic or alkaline food
Both materials offer different benefits when you're cooking food over high heat. Cookware by Chantal contains mixtures of metals, each with its own heat-conducting properties and level of sturdiness. Here are a few cookware sets by Chantal to consider:
- Induction 21 Steel: An enhanced steel alloy that is intended to heat quickly and evenly, stay hot for longer, and not corrode or rust over time.
- Enamel-on-Steel: An enamel and carbon-steel core cookware collection that is intended to be compatible with most cook tops and safe for cooking, storing food, marinating, baking, broiling, roasting, and serving.
Each Chantal piece comes with its unique set of care instructions. Chantal has general recommendations for tackling some of the more common cleaning challenges, such as burned-on starch:
- Add water and 1/4 cup of baking soda to the pot. Put the pot's lid on. Bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat, take off the lid, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Empty into the sink. Clean with a plastic scrubby sponge and soapy water. Rinse with clean water. Wipe dry.
- Note: Don't use steel-wool scouring pads, oven cleaners, or strong abrasive cleaners on any surface of your cookware.
- Note: Don't leave pots to soak in water for extended periods.
- For ceramic and enamel cookware, Chantal recommends its special enamel and ceramic cleaner, which is formulated with the intention that it will clean these surfaces without resulting in abrasions or delamination.
Chantal manufactures its products in Germany. Each piece is intended to meet stringent quality, content, and safety standards in the mother country and the destination country.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Chantal.