Whether you need seating for the living room, dining room, or even the classroom, you want furniture that is comfortable and stylish. In addition, if you're thinking about renovating your home, you'll need chairs to match your new style: traditional, contemporary, mid-century modern, minimalist, or even an eclectic mix. When selecting a new or preowned chair on eBay, you will want to consider the following questions.
What are the benefits of the different types of chairs?
Choosing the right chair for your space isn't just about style, it's also about comfort. Here are some benefits that different chairs offer.
- Recliner chair: If you'd like to stretch out in front of the TV after a long day at the office, a recliner chair is what you'll want. These come in traditional, modern, and contemporary styles.
- Accent chair: Need a chair to draw your eye to a corner? Accent chairs come in different colors and can be contemporary, mid-century modern, rustic, French country, and more.
- Oversize chair: If chairs sometimes seem too small, and you're looking for one that is roomier, an oversize chair can be a good choice. These can be used in the living room, TV room, or office.
- Folding chair: Having a huge party and don't have enough chairs? Consider adding folding chairs to the room. When not in use, simply fold them and put them back in storage. eBay offers these in solid wood, metal, leather, steel, aluminum, and more.
What should you consider when looking for a chair?
- Materials: Some accent chairs are made from fabric while others are made from leather or faux leather.
- Comfort: No matter what you are using your seating for, it should be comfortable and promote good posture.
- Strength: Home furniture should be strong and durable to last for years.
- Functionality: When looking for an accent chair or dining chair, you may want to determine how long a person will be sitting in it and what it will be used for. If you need to stack it, you want to make sure that it is designed to do that.
What types of living room chairs are there?
There are five main types of room chairs that you may come across:
- Chair and a half: This piece of furniture is larger than normal room chairs to provide a place to lounge. They are often made from microfiber or leather, making them comfortable.
- Wingback chair: This seating has side panels that are often called wings. The wings were originally designed to shield against drafts though now they are used for decorative purposes.
- Club chair: These are cushioned armchairs that have comfortable arms and a low back. They are made for general sitting and relaxing. They often are used as accent chairs in living rooms or home libraries.
- Occasional chair: This piece of furniture is often used as extra seating when needed. When not in use, they often are designed to be accents and usually have unique patterns or fabrics.
- Slipper chair: This type of furniture is armless and has short legs. This makes it a comfortable choice for many when it comes to seating.