Quick Fix Tips for LG Cell Phone LCD Screens
Your LG phone depends on your touch screen display to operate all functions including the camera, cell phone dialer, and text keyboard inputs. If your LCD screen malfunctions, here is what you need to know to replace it quickly and get your phone working.What is an LCD screen for the LG phone?
What you see and interact with on the display screen of your LG phone is made up of different components. Those components include the LCD, the touchscreen or digitizer, and the glass.
- LCD: This stands for liquid crystal display. This is the component that creates the display on your LCD screen.
- The touchscreen: This allows you to interact with the phone, as well as press dialing keys and buttons to activate apps. It is also referred to as a digitizer.
- The glass: The glass is the top layer of the phone. It protects the LCD and digitizer from damage.
The digitizer, or touch screen, is the electrical component that is sensitive to and responsive to touch. Whenever you press or tap a button or swipe your finger across the phone screen, the digitizer converts these actions into data input, allowing your phone to respond to the commands.What are the symptoms of a broken LCD touchscreen?
Often, the first symptom is a cracked glass. You may have dropped your phone and the screen cracked immediately. Other times, it only begins to crack after multiple drops or when something heavy is placed on your phone. Another symptom is when your phone becomes sluggish or won't respond to touching, tapping, or swiping.What components do you need to replace?
If the touch screen digitizer is fused together with the glass, you may want to replace both components. To restore functionality to your phone, you'll need to install a replacement LCD screen for your LG phone. With the right tools and parts, you may be able to replace the LCD screen yourself. Otherwise, you can take the replacement screen to a reputable phone repair service to be installed.What are the steps to replace a broken screen?
To replace the cell phone LCD screen for LG phones, do the following:
- Step 1: Familiarize yourself with the components included with the LCD touch screen replacement part you purchase. Many include the digitizer and glass packaged together. Since they are designed to work together, you'll want to use all the replacement parts.
- Step 2: Use a small screwdriver or prying tool to open the back cover of your phone. Remove the battery and SIM card. Next, you'll want to separate the motherboard and remove all connector ribbon and tape.
- Step 3: Carefully remove the old damaged screen from your LG phone and replace it with the new one.
- Step 4: Reassemble the parts starting the connector ribbons. Reattach the motherboard and reinsert the SIM card and battery.
- Step 5: Replace the cover and turn on your phone. Check your display settings. Your touchscreen should now respond to your inputs.