Casio G-Shock Rangeman
In addition to keeping time, Casio's G-Shock Rangeman provides many survival tools that are useful in the event of a crisis. The solar-powered, black Rangeman with backlit display and cylindrical buttons provides a compact set of wilderness tools. Backpackers, hikers, mountain climbers, cyclists, and other outdoor enthusiasts will find that it is a practical multitool device.What features are available in the G-Shock Rangeman?
This rugged, mud-resistant watch measures 4 inches by 2 inches by 2 inches. Water resistant up to 200 meters, the Rangeman is a tough, shock-resistant Casio watch that goes beyond basic features.
The black Rangeman provides the typical features of a Casio brand wrist watch, including stopwatch, alarm clock, and date and time keeping. Additionally, this tough, shock-resistant model offers many survival features for outdoor activities and backpacking through the wilderness. Some of the features available in the G-Shock include:
- Radio-controlled timekeeping when a time-calibration signal is available.
- A digital compass with bearing memory to track direction down to 1 degree of precision.
- A thermometer to measure temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit to 0.1 degree Celsius of precision. This watch has a resistance to cold and can function in temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius.
- An altimeter to measure altitude in meters or feet at five- or two-second intervals.
- A barometer to measure atmospheric pressure in pascals (Pa) or inches of mercury (inHg), and a watch graph to display the past 48 hours of readings.
- A solar power feature to recharge and extend the battery life of the watch.
The G-Shock uses the CTL1616F, lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The solar power feature can recharge and extend the battery life of the G-Shock. Expose the G-Shock watches to sunlight to recharge the battery. According to Casio, 5 minutes of direct sunlight will power the G-Shock for a full day. The battery also recharges in indirect sunlight. The G-Shock's rechargeable battery provides for up to 8 months of power without exposure to light after a full charge. The rechargeable battery can power G-Shock watches for up to 23 months in power saver mode without exposure to light after a full charge.What colors is the Rangeman available in?
G-Shock watches are available in many colors, including black, white, olive, blue, red, and yellow. However, Casio offers the Rangeman resin bezel and resin wristband predominantly in black.Where are the G-Shock's time-calibration signals transmitted from?
Time-calibration signals are transmitted from five global locations:
- Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Mainflingen, Germany.
- Anthorn, England.
- Fukushima, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Shangqiu City, China.