Car and Truck Wheel Center Caps
Many drivers want to improve the aesthetics of their car or truck. One of the ways to do this is to purchase a wheel center cap. You can find wheel center caps from a range of vehicle manufacturers.What is the purpose wheel center caps?
Wheel caps can be found on the outer side of the wheel in the center. They serve several purposes, including making your car or truck look better, protecting the wheel bearings and spindle nut from dirt or other debris from the roads, and covering bearings and lug nuts. Most aluminum alloy or styled steel wheels have wheel covers, although many other types of wheels also have them. Center caps attach to the wheel with spring clips, threaded fasteners, or the wheel lugs. You will often find that center caps have the vehicle maker's logo on them.How do you select a center cap for your vehicle?
With so many options for wheel center caps, you may not be sure where to start when selecting them. When purchasing a center cap for your car or truck, you will want to think about a few different aspects, such as these:
- Stationary or removable: Some wheel center caps are designed to be removed, and others are not. Those held in place by lug nuts are typically removable.
- Materials: Wheel center caps are usually crafted out of either plastic or metal.
- Brand: You will need to decide whether you want your wheel caps to feature the brand logo of your car or not.
- Size and type: Make sure that the wheel caps that you purchase are compatible with or built for your size wheels and your vehicle's make and model.
- Color: Wheel caps generally match or complement the wheels, rims, and hubs. Common cap colors include black, silver, and sometimes blue or red.
There are wheel center caps available for cars from all sorts of brands. Here are a few of these brands:
About twice per year, or whenever they become soiled or corroded, you will need to clean your car's wheel center caps. If they are removable, remove them first. Then, use a chrome cleaner and polish and a soft rag to clean them up. You may also need to use a brush. This cleaner can be used on both plastic and metal center wheel center caps.