Byers Choice Collectibles
Using clay, paint, and clothing scraps, Byers Choice Carolers were created by Joyce Byers in the 1960s as Christmas decorations and Christmas gifts for family. A market quickly developed for the Christmas carolers and Byers Choice, Ltd began. Over 80 Byers' artisans handcraft, dress, and pose the Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and other holiday carolers.What are Byers Choice Collectibles?
Byers Choice Collectibles are caroler figurines that are created to depict a specific theme. The production of each Byers' caroler is limited to 100. Since the figurines are handcrafted by different Byers' artisans, you can expect some variations between carolers. Each Byers caroler has green felt and a dated gold seal on the bottom. Some of the collection themes include the following:
- Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Williamsburg Carolers
- Salvation Army Carolers
- A Christmas Carol Carolers
- The Nutcracker Suite Carolers
The differences in this Christmas carolers collection is more than just what they are holding or the representations of different versions from around the world and other Santa-like Christmas characters such as St. Lucia. The collection includes after-hours Santas, showing Santa's activities when he is off-duty. The differences are also in the styling of the hair, Santa's beard, and the expressions on the faces of the dolls. The collection can include accessories such as elves, animals, sleighs, and, of course, a naughty boy.What characters are available, and what's included in collections?
Here's a look at the Byers Choice carolers collections and some of the things included in the collections:
- Williamsburg: In the Williamsburg collection, there are men and women of all ages, tradespeople, and children in colonial garb. There are animals, accessories, and backdrops that you can use to create scenes.
- Salvation Army: The Salvation Army collection includes characters in uniforms and some in street clothes. Some characters have musical instruments. The traditional kettle on a tripod is also available.
- A Christmas Carol: In the A Christmas Carol collection, many of the Dickens' characters are available. There is an older Scrooge in his nightshirt and a younger Scrooge wearing street clothes, Scrooge's sister Belle, Marley's ghost, Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig, Mrs. Cratchit, and Bob Cratchit with Tiny Tim.
- The Nutcracker Suite: In The Nutcracker Suite collection, you will find Marie, Fritz, the Nutcracker, the Mouse King, and the Prince.
These classic figurines make excellent gifts and add a festive, nostalgic touch to the holiday season.