Byers Choice Collectibles
By using clay, paint, and clothing scraps, Byers Choice Carolers were created by Joyce Byers in the 1960s as Christmas decorations and Christmas gifts for family. A market developed for the Christmas carolers, and Byers Choice, Ltd began. Over 80 Byers artisans handcraft, dress, and pose the Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and other holiday carolers.What are Byers Choice Collectibles?
Byers Choice Collectibles are caroler figurines that are created to depict a specific theme. As limited-edition collectibles, the production of each Byers' caroler is limited to 100. Since the figurines are handcrafted by different Byers artisans, there are some variations between carolers. Each Byers caroler has green felt and a dated gold seal on the bottom. Some of the collection themes include the following:
- Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Williamsburg Carolers
- Salvation Army Carolers
- "A Christmas Carol" Carolers
- "The Nutcracker Suite" Carolers
The Christmas carolers collection includes more than the representations of different versions from around the world and other Santa-like Christmas characters such as St. Lucia. The collection includes an after-hours Santa, showing Santa's activities when he is off duty. The differences are also in the styling of the hair, Santa's beard, and the expressions on the faces of the dolls. The collection can include accessories such as elves, animals, sleighs, and a naughty boy.What characters are included in a collection?
Some of the themes and contents that are included are the following:
- Williamsburg: In the Williamsburg collection, there are men and women of all ages, tradespeople, and children in colonial garb. There are animals, accessories, and backdrops that are used to create scenes.
- Salvation Army: The Salvation Army collection includes characters in uniforms and some in street clothes. Some characters have musical instruments. There is also a traditional kettle on a tripod.
- "A Christmas Carol": In the "A Christmas Carol" collection, there are many of the Dickens characters available. There is an older Scrooge in his nightshirt and a younger Scrooge wearing street clothes, Scrooge's sister Belle, Marley's ghost, Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig, Mrs. Cratchit, and Bob Cratchit with Tiny Tim.
- "The Nutcracker Suite": In "The Nutcracker Suite" collection, you will find Marie, Fritz, the Nutcracker, the Mouse King, and the Prince.
A range of musical subjects and holiday themes are all part of the Byers Choice Collection.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Byers Choice.