Burning Man Tickets
Burning Man is an annual event. It takes place in the Black Rock Desert of northwest Nevada, approximately 100 miles north-northeast of Reno. Burning Man festival attendees experiment in community and art, so Burning Man tickets are highly coveted.
What is the Burning Man festival?
Burning Man isn’t your typical festival. Burning Man festival participants come together in the Black Rock desert to co-create Black Rock City, Nevada, a temporary desert metropolis dedicated to art and community. At the conclusion of the event, Burning Man participants dismantle Black Rock City. They take pride in leaving the Black Rock desert exactly as they found it before the event. Burning Man 2018 will take place in the Nevada desert on August 26 – September 3.
How do you get tickets to Burning Man?
Despite the Burning Man event's remote Black Rock City location, Burning Man tickets can be tough to get. The event is always a sellout. But here’s what to do if you want to score Burning Man tickets. First, you'll need to set up your Burning Man "Burner Profile." Once you do that, you can log into the Burning Man website and register for the event. There are three different periods for Burning Man festival tickets.
- Pre: Dates have not yet been finalized for the 2018 event, but 2017 can serve as a guideline as to what's to come. The 2017 Burning Man pre-sale event kicked off on January 25. There were approximately 5,000 tickets available. The sale itself took place on February 1.
- Main: Approximately 30,000 Burning Man tickets and 10,000 vehicle passes were purchased during the 2017 Main ticket period. You could buy up to two tickets and one vehicle pass at this time. Registration began on March 22. The actual ticket period commenced at noon on March 29.
- OMG: The OMG is your last chance to purchase tickets and vehicle passes for the Burning Man event. Approximately 2,000 tickets and 1,500 vehicle passes were made available for this year's OMG period. The sign-up period for 2017 began on July 26. The actual ticket period took place on August 2.
Are there rules for getting Burning Man tickets?
Should you gain entry to the festival and decide to create and display art, you will need to sign a waiver saying that if the work you create is captured in video or photos, Burning Man can display or disseminate the video or photos of work you create without your consent. Also:
- Registration periods for all tickets begin and end at noon PST and last for 48 hours.
- Actual tickets periods to the festival begins at noon PST and last until the ticket supply runs out.
- Tickets for the event are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Vehicle passes can only be purchased in conjunction with tickets.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Burning Man.