Bumpers for Toyota FJ Cruiser
The Toyota FJ Cruiser has distinctive front and rear bumpers that give the car its iconic profile. The bumpers on your FJ Cruiser serve as protection in the event of an accident or collision. You may want to replace them on your Toyota FJ Cruiser if they become damaged or if you wish to change or upgrade its look.What should you look for when selecting bumpers?
You have a wide variety of options when it comes to choosing a bumper replacement for your FJ Cruiser. Your choice will depend on the model and year of your car and whether you want a direct replacement for the parts that came with your vehicle or if you want to upgrade. You may choose to upgrade your bumpers if you want additional style and protection.
- Front bumper: The front bumper offers protection in the event that your FJ Cruiser has a front end collision. You can also upgrade the front bumper in many ways. You may choose to add a body armor bumper for added protection. If you like to take your FJ Cruiser off road, you run the chance of getting stuck in the mud. By adding a front bumper with a winch, you will make it easy for another vehicle to pull you out. You may also want to add rails to the front of your car for added style and protection.
- Rear: The rear bumper of your FJ Cruiser provides protection for your car in the event that you back into something or someone runs into you. If your rear bumper is damaged, you may choose to replace it with a copy of the original. You may also choose to upgrade it with a specialty part, such as body armor. This gives your FJ Cruiser an extra layer of protection and a rugged style. You may also want to get a bumper with a trailer mount if you want to use your Toyota to pull trailers and other items.
Changing the front bumper on your Toyota is easy and requires minimal mechanical know how. You will need to begin by making sure your Toyota FJ Cruiser is on level ground, and it's a good idea to have someone there to help you so you don't accidentally scratch or damage a part. When you're ready, follow the steps listed below:
- Take off the grille mounts and clips and unbolt the mounting bolts.
- Carefully slide off the old bumper. You may need a helper to make sure you do not damage the front of your car.
- Attach your new front bumper to your FJ Cruiser. Have someone there to help you as you slide it on.
- Reattach all clips, mounts, and bolts that you removed from the FJ previously.