Lexus IS300 Bumpers
The bumper on the front of your IS 300 serves a vital safety function. Bumpers can come in a variety of styles and materials to help absorb and prevent damage to other parts of your vehicle. There are a few other things to keep in mind when searching for a replacement bumper for your vehicle.What types of bumpers are available for Lexus IS 300?
Your replacement bumper can come in a variety of materials that have different advantages. Review these bumper materials to find one that may fit your needs.
- Carbon fiber bumpers combine durability with a lightweight design. One advantage of carbon fiber bumpers is that they are easy to repair. The material is also paintable, so you can make sure that the replacement will match the color of your vehicle.
- Metal bumpers are one of the stronger options available for a replacement bumper. These are commonly used on cars that need extra durability for off-road trips, as they are the heavier option for bumpers compared to other materials.
- Fiberglass bumpers provide a mix of lightweight materials with added strength. These are also easy to repair.
- Polypropylene and polyresin bumpers are the more common types available. These bumpers are resistant to impacts. For low-force impacts, the material is designed to bend, whereas high-force impacts cause the material to crack. If these bumpers become damaged, you need to replace the whole unit.
There are car bumpers of various types available for your Lexus IS 300. Here are some guidelines you should follow to find one that will meet your needs.
- Use information on your car to find compatible replacement parts. You should know the make, model, and model year of your car. In addition, the VIN number of your Lexus can also be useful in looking for replacement bumpers.
- Review the available OEM and aftermarket options. Keep in mind that OEM parts are made by the original equipment manufacturer, but there are also aftermarket options available from other brands that may offer a different material or style.
- Consider the style of the bumper. You will want to find a bumper that matches the color of your vehicle and one that will fit in with the current design of your Lexus
- Select a bumper material based on what driving conditions you’ll use the car in. Different materials will be useful in different driving environments.
You have a host of companies to choose from when you need to find a replacement bumper. If you would like to purchase an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) replacement, you will want to select a bumper made by Lexus or Toyota. With OEM options, you will be able to find a replacement that will fit your Lexus properly. There are also bumpers made by aftermarket companies and several unbranded options. When choosing an aftermarket option, you will want to make sure that it is compatible with your IS 300.