Hyundai Elantra Bumpers
Bumpers are important safety components for your Hyundai Elantra sedan. These standard Hyundai accessories serve to protect you, your passengers, and the front and rear of your Elantra from damage or injuries during collisions at low speeds. You can learn how to spot signs of bumper failure and purchase replacement parts as needed in order to maximize the safety rating of your Hyundai Elantra.What do Hyundai Elantra bumpers do?
Originally, bumpers were designed simply to enhance the aesthetic appearance of a car. Nowadays, these devices are made to absorb at least part of the impact your model Hyundai Elantra may sustain if it collides with cars or other objects at a minimum speed. Manufacturers still form the body of the Elantra's bumper in a way that complements the vehicle's overall look, however. Listed below are the benefits of bumpers:
- Protect the front and rear: The bumper protects the front or rear of your Hyundai sedan from taking damage if you're unable to brake to avoid a crash. These protective devices are designed to crumple during a collision in order to divert the energy of the impact away from the body of your Hyundai, thus protecting its crumple zones.
- Protect more sensitive components: Because bumpers minimize the likelihood of damage to the body of a car, they help protect more sensitive components, such as the engine block or transmission system.
- Protect the driver and passengers: Bumpers also protect the driver and passengers in the Elantra, since there is less chance of the body crumpling and in turn causing damage to the interior cab, the seats, and their occupants.
- Prevent cosmetic and surface damage: In addition, these barriers can prevent cosmetic and surface damage from obstructions such as boulders or fallen tree limbs if you encounter them while driving your sport sedan.
- Protect suspension systems: If your model Elantra sedan does not have functioning bumpers, even a minor collision could cause serious physical injury to you or damage to the car's suspension systems.
If you notice any of these physical signs on your front or rear bumpers, you should purchase replacements as soon as possible.
- Cracks in the bumper indicate structural damage from a previous collision or obstacle. The bumper's integrity has been compromised, and you should no longer rely on it to protect your or your Hyundai in the event of a crash.
- Major cosmetic damage to the bumper can be both costly and time-consuming to fix. Deep scratches on your bumper require sanding, finishing, and repainting. In most cases, it is much easier simply to replace the bumper or buy a bumper cover.
- If any of the hooks that keep your bumper attached to the body of the car are damaged, you should replace the entire unit.
If you need to purchase replacement bumpers or bumper accessories for your Hyundai, there are several options, which include the following:
- You can purchase bumper covers to improve the aesthetics of your existing Elantra bumpers. These items are available in a variety of styles to suit your personal tastes.
- Grille-style bumpers add an extra layer of protection to the front and rear of the vehicle.
- Bumper appliques will protect your bumper's physical appearance.