Ford Excursion Bumpers
When a bumper on a Ford Excursion SUV is damaged, you will need to find a replacement as quickly as possible. This is because the car's bumper is responsible for absorbing low-speed impacts. When looking for a replacement Ford Excursion bumper, you have several options to choose from.What types of bumpers are there?
There are two main types of bumpers that you can choose from when looking for replacement parts for your Excursion. The two types of bumpers are:
- Standard bumpers: These Ford Excursion bumpers are usually designed for a specific vehicle make and model, such as the Ford Excursion SUV. They can be made from a number of different materials and have a variety of finishes to match the exterior of your Ford. Standard bumpers are lightweight to improve your fuel efficiency during your daily drive.
- Custom bumpers: Although these bumpers often have very similar designs and components as standard Ford bumpers, they can be customized based on your needs and wants. These bumpers can also have additional modifications so that other components are integrated such as headlights, fog lights, and turn signals.
Bumpers for the Ford Excursion can generally be made from five materials. These materials include:
- Plastic: Poly resin plastic is resistant to impact. They are easily manufactured and can be painted to match the exterior color of the Ford. After an impact, they will have to be completely replaced.
- Aluminum: Bumpers are often made from this material as it is widely available and can be recycled. Bumpers made from aluminum are known for being lightweight, meaning they do not add unnecessary weight to Ford Excursions.
- Carbon fiber: This material makes bumpers that are lightweight and durable. They can be repaired and repainted. Because this material is easily manufactured, it is found in a variety of custom bumpers.
- Steel: Although this material is extremely heavy, it is one of the most durable when it comes to being used in bumper production. Steel can be blended with a variety of other materials, making it durable and easy to work with.
- Fiberglass: This material is not as flexible as plastic or aluminum. Even so, it is light in weight and durable. After an impact, bumpers made from fiberglass can be easily repaired and painted to match the exterior of the Ford.
There are several bumper accessories, such as:
- Bumper guards and grilles: These strong metal bars are placed on the front bumper. They add additional protection against impacts. They can also have an impact on the look of the front of the Excursion. There are a variety of different finishes to choose from, including chrome, black, or brushed metal.
- Lights: Some bumpers can have fog lights and turn signals in the bumper. If the vehicle did not originally come with lights, there are aftermarket additions for those who want to outfit their Ford Excursions with these bumper accessories.
- Reinforcement and trim: Rubber strips that are placed on certain parts of the bumper can protect the paint from chips and scratches.