Headbands can be the perfect finishing touch to the bridal ensemble. They come in an array of styles, from glamorous rhinestone encrusted styles to bohemian flower headbands. Brides looking for a chic wedding headpiece can't go wrong with a bridal headband.What types of bridal headbands are available?
Bridal headbands come in every style imaginable, including:
- Traditional Headbands: Classic bridal headbands are usually made of a sturdy yet flexible metal. These horseshoe-shaped headbands don't wrap entirely around the head. They are often decorated with rhinestones, crystals, metallic ornaments, jewelry, and botanical patterns.
- Flower Crowns: Flower crowns are perfect hair accessories for romantic and outdoor weddings, as this headpiece adds effortless romance to the bridal ensemble. For an elegant flower crown, choose a wreath of metallic flowers. For a more casual take on these classic hair accessories, brides can opt for a headband made of silk flowers.
- Circlets: These dainty headbands wrap all the around the head, and they are often secured at the nape of the neck with a bow or a strip of elastic. They are often made of flexible materials, which are embellished with delicate rhinestone patterns, small flowers, or pearls.
- Headbands with Blusher Veils: Some bridal headbands come with tiny veils already attached. These veils, which cover half the face, are known as blusher veils. These bridal headbands are perfect for women who aren't wearing a full-length veil but want to honor the tradition. These options have vintage flair, which makes them great choices for women wearing a '50s style wedding gown.
- Tiaras: Tiaras are the bridal hair accessories of choice for women who want to feel like a princess. They are available in many styles, from dainty crystal encrusted tiaras to opulent cluster tiaras.
Yes, brides can wear a full veil with their bridal headband. When the hair is arranged in an updo, the veil is often pinned to the hair at the nape of the neck.What are bridal headbands made of?
These hair accessories are constructed out of a variety of materials, including:
- Metal: Classic bridal headbands are often made out of metals, which are given a gold, silver, or antique brass finish.
- Embellishments: Bridal headbands range from simple velvet bands to ornate tiaras. Most of them, however, have some type of ornament. These ornaments are usually made out of rhinestones. Upscale tiaras and headbands may incorporate real pearls or gems.
- Fabric: Some circlets are constructed out of silk or velvet. Flower crowns may feature flowers made of silk or organza.