Bridal Hair Comb
The top two style concerns of any bride on her special day are probably her wedding dress and her wedding hairstyle, including the hair accessories she will use. The many bridal hair combs available make choosing a beautiful bridal comb an enjoyable activity. Whether you want gold or silver, flowers or feathers, rhinestones or pearls, keeping a few points in mind will help you select the hair comb that is right for you.What are bridal combs made of?
Bridal hair combs come in many materials. The teeth of the comb can be metal, wood, or acrylic. The style elements come in a variety of media.
- Metal combs come in gold, rose gold, silver, brass, and pewter.
- Jewel combs can be made of crystals, rhinestones, rubies, sapphires, amethysts, and opals.
- Resin flowers and leaves come in colors to match any wedding theme.
- Pearls are often included in floral sprays and crystal designs.
- Silk flowers are a popular choice often complemented by pearls, crystals, and rhinestones.
- Lace headpieces are secured with hair combs and hairpins.
How hair combs are displayed depends on the hairstyle and the design of the hairpiece.
- Bridal hair combs can be incorporated with the wedding veil.
- Curved combs are often worn as tiaras.
- Draping hair combs can be wrapped around an upswept style.
- They can be tucked atop a hairstyle that is gathered at the nape.
- Large combs in geometric shapes are stunning when paired with partially upswept styles.
There are as many bridal comb designs as there are wedding themes. Keep in mind that full bridal hairstyles benefit from hair combs with longer teeth. Short hairstyles can securely showcase bridal hair combs and headpieces with hairpins added for support.
- Classic nature motifs include flowers, leaves, feathers, butterflies, starfish, and seashells.
- Geometric designs are often composed of rhinestones or crystals.
- Draped combs, arches, flourishes, and bows utilize rhinestones and pearls.
- Tiaras often contain pearls and crystals.
- Coordinate hair accessories with the style, color, and materials in your wedding dress.
- Consult a hairdresser. He or she can suggest wedding hairstyles that incorporate headpieces that work for your hair length.
- Keep in mind the jewelry, flowers, and wedding veil you plan to use.
- Match the bridal hair comb to your personal style.
Taking into consideration how bridal hair accessories are worn as well as their design and construction should help you select the right hair comb for your wedding.