Boys Tops and T-Shirts Size 4 and Up
Boys' tops and T-shirts in size 4 and up include a variety of sleeve styles and fabric types that can be suited to active and dress-up occasions. Boys' tops and T-shirts are also available in a wide range of colors, designs, and prints.
What are some types of tops and tees for boys?
- T-shirts: T-shirts for kids are typically loose-fitting tops. They have a stretchy neckline and may have short or long sleeves.
- Polos: Polo shirts for boys have collars. The neckline of this type of kids' shirt typically has one to three buttons. The polo shirts by some brands have embroidered logos on or near the chest. Polo shirts may have short sleeves or long sleeves.
- Sleeveless: Boys’ shirts are also available without sleeves. The arm openings tend to be loose, allowing for a full range of motion.
What are the features of tees and shirts for boys?
- Integrated tag: Many kids' tops and T-shirts for boys have integrated tags. The size and care instructions for the tees are printed on or stitched into the tops themselves, so there is no separate tag sewn onto the back of the shirt.
- Machine washable: Boys' T-shirts and tops are designed to be machine washable. Also, many of the tees for kids are pre-shrunk.
- Decorations: T-shirts with short sleeves or long sleeves for boys may have embroidered or screen-printed designs. Some of the kids' tees have chest pockets. The sleeves may have decorations along the length of the arm or around the cuffs of the sleeves.
How do you choose a T-shirt size?
Boys sizes 4 to 7 will wear T-shirts based on little kids sizing conventions. Little kids' clothes are measured by chest size, height, and weight. Boys size 8 and up use standard big kids sizing, which use chest and height measurements.To measure a boy for tees or other shirts, get the child's chest measurement and height in inches and the child's weight in pounds. Boys’ size 4 T-shirts correspond with a chest measurement of 23 inches, a weight of 37 to 41 pounds, and a height of 38 inches. For each chest-measurement increase of 1-inch, weight increase of 4 pounds, or height increase of 2 inches, go up one size of kids' short-sleeve or long-sleeve T-shirt. Some of the T-shirts are sized using extra-small to extra-large conventions. An extra-small corresponds to kids' tee size 4/5.