Boyds Teddy Bears
Anyone who loves adorable figurines, huggable plush animals, or vintage collectibles is probably familiar with Boyds Bears. These beloved bears have been around for decades. No matter the occasion or event, there's a wide spectrum of Boyds Bears waiting to find its way into your home.
How do you choose the right Boyds Bear?
With so many varieties of lovable bears available, it can be hard to choose just one. Here are some factors to consider when trying to find the perfect collectible Boyds bear for you or your loved ones:
- Size: There are all sizes of Boyds Bears, from tiny 3-inch figurines to stuffed bears over 40 inches tall. Pick a size bear that will fit with your decor and style.
- Style: Children generally prefer stuffed bears while adults are more likely to appreciate the figurines. If you're adding to a collection, you may want to choose a bear that's similar to those you already have.
- Recipient: If you're buying bears for others, think about their needs and desires. Do they already have a Boyds bears collection? Do they have particular interests or hobbies that a bear can celebrate? For friends who are avid Boyds Bears collectors, look for something more obscure to add to their collection.
- Theme: There are an almost infinite variety of Boyds Bears to choose from, featuring a range of characters, subjects, and styles. For example, celebrate your best buddies by choosing a pair of plush friends from the Friendship Collection.
How do you clean Boyds Bears?
When you really love your plush friends and statues, sometimes they start to show it. Take care of your Boyds Bears, and they'll last a lifetime.
- Caring for plush bears:
- Do not put your Boyds bear in a washing machine as it will weaken the material and seams.
- Use a vacuum to gently remove excess dust and debris from your Boyds bear's fur.
- Spot clean the bear with a damp cloth. Avoid getting your plush bear too wet.
- Brush your Boyds bear's fur in the direction of the nap.
- If necessary, trim fur around the eyes or any loose threads with a small pair of sewing scissors.
- Caring for resin figurines:
- Use a soft makeup brush or small, clean paintbrush to remove dirt and dust.
- For dust stuck in folds or creases, try spraying compressed air to blast the dirt out.
- Use a small, electronic vacuum to clean the collectible Boyds bears figures quickly and easily.
What is the history of Boyds Bears and Friends?
Boyds Bears are the creation of partners G. M. Lowenthal and Justina Unger. The first Boyd resin bear figurines were created in 1984, and stuffed bears came soon after. For decades, Boyds Bears regularly came out with new and original plush and resin creations. Besides bears, the company also created and sold other animals, called Boyds Friends. Now, collectors and admirers are satisfied with vintage collectible Boyds bears, which continue to bring joy to all ages.