Bostitch specializes in the design and manufacturing of fastening tools, ranging from hand tools to office supplies, such as staplers and glue guns. Since 1896, Bostitch has continuously grown and added to its portfolio. Other Bostitch products include air compressors, air hoses, power tool accessories, and lubricants and oils.What type of power tools does Bostitch make?
Bostitch manufactures a variety of power tools, including nailers and staplers. Types of tools Bostitch makes include but are not limited to:
- Brad Nailer - A handheld tool that projects "brads." Brads are a thinner gauge of nail that doesn't require wood putty after application.
- Staple Gun - A handheld tool used to project staples into a surface.
- Framing Nailer - An air gun that carpenters use for quick, high-powered projects.
- Roofing Nailer - A handheld tool that roofers use to precisely project coil nails.
- Finishing Nailer - A handheld tool used for projecting a heavier gauge nail, typically 15 or 16 gauge wire.
- Cordless Drill - A handheld tool used to drill screws into a surface. The cordless option operates on rechargeable batteries.
Bostitch also covers a multitude of tools that require manpower, rather than electricity, to operate. These Bostitch tools include:
- Hammers and Mallets - Tools used to deliver a blow to an object, such as to drive in a nail.
- Wrenches - Tools used to provide grip in turning objects such as nuts and bolts.
- Screwdrivers and Nut Drivers - Tools used to drive in screws or nuts, respectively.
- Pliers - Pinchers with serrated surfaces used to apply a tight grip to an object.
- Knives and Blades - Tools with a serrated or cutting edge and a handle.
- Chisels - Tools with a handle and a cutting edge on their ends. They are typically hit with a hammer or mallet to cut an object.
- Punches - Tools used to mark the center of a point and guide a drill.
- Pry Bars - Small flat iron bars used to pry objects open or apart.
An electric drill is powered by an electric source; it is either plugged into an outlet or is cordless and works off of a rechargeable battery. A pneumatic drill is powered by compressed air and requires the use of an air compressor.What types of air compressors are there?
There are electric or gas/diesel-powered air compressors. They either utilize an oil-lubed or oil-less pump. They generally fall into one of three categories: reciprocating piston type, rotary vane, or rotary screw.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Bostitch.