Get Home Theater Sound with Bose Mixed System Speakers and Subwoofers
The Bose Corporation designs and sells a variety of home audio equipment that includes models such as the Bose Acoustimass 300. If you are searching for a mixed speaker system from Bose for your home theater, you may find it helpful to know some configurations, types, and designs from which you can choose.
What Bose subwoofer types are available?
Subwoofers may be available to you in one of two varieties. Each version has its own set of features and specifications to help you choose the mixed speaker system that meets your needs. The two types you can find are:
- Active - An active woofer includes a crossover and an amplifier in one enclosure; this eliminates the need for an external source. This type of woofer may be able to increase the range and clarity of your system.
- Passive - A passive subwoofer sits in an enclosure and receives its power from an external source. Some of these units may be powered by the same amplifier that is connected to the main speakers.
What configurations do these speakers come in?
Many Bose systems' descriptions will include information on the number of channels you will have with your product and whether any woofers are included. Bose also makes soundbars, which can offer basic stereo sound all the way up to full surround sound. The number that appears after the decimal point denotes the number of woofers that are included with your system. A 5.1 surround-sound system typically includes five channels that offer a full range of sound, plus one woofer to capture low-range audio. Common configurations you might find include:
- 2.0 system.
- 2.1 system.
- 3.1 system.
- 5.0 system.
- 5.1 system.
What is the Bose SoundTouch system?
Some of Bose's models include technology that is intended for streaming audio wirelessly. Mixed home stereo systems can also include this technology. SoundTouch features may include:
- The app - SoundTouch uses its own smartphone application to control how your speakers work. If your audio system is hooked up to multiple devices via a Bluetooth wireless network, the app can source music from different units or playlists and bring it together.
- Speaker control - You may be able to use this technology to control your home audio system wirelessly. Volume levels, power, and any presets you have installed may be compatible with the program.
- Multiple devices - This technology helps you to control your audio preferences from your phone, computer, tablet, and speakers all at once.
How do you maintain mixed speakers?
Once you have set up your Bose audio equipment, you may find some of the following maintenance tips useful:
- Clean - Use a vacuum to keep them free of dust.
- Static - Keep them free of static electricity discharge.
- Heat - Install them in a cool, dry area.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Bose.