Boots for Girls
Whether you're shopping for a teenager, a toddler, or anything in between, there are a wide variety of boots made just for girls. Sturdy, waterproof boots will protect girls from rain or snow, while soft, comfortable boots are perfect for kids curling up on a cold night. No matter her style, size, or preferred brand, there's a perfect pair of boots waiting to keep any girl's feet warm and protected.How do you find the right sizes in girls' boots?
- Measure the girl's foot by having her stand on a piece of paper. She should wear the thickness of sock she plans on wearing with the shoes or boots.
- Trace her entire foot on the piece of paper.
- Measure the length of her foot from the bottom of the heel to the top of the longest toe.
- Measure the width of her foot at the widest part, which is usually at the ball of the foot.
- Use a shoe size conversion chart to determine the size boots that your kids wear. The measurement of the child's foot will correspond to the appropriate shoe size.These charts also include conversions to international kids footwear sizes.
- Rain boots: Also called Wellingtons or galoshes, these boots are designed to protect your kids' feet from rain and puddles. If you're buying a rain boot for a toddler, look for ones with boot handles, so your toddler can pull on her own shoes.
- Snow boots: These boots should insulate girls' feet, protect them from moisture, and provide traction so you can walk on snow and ice.
- Cowboy boots: For timeless Western wear that's also practical, cowboy boots are a good option. Make sure the boot heel isn't too high for the active girls in your life.
- Slouchy boots: These kids' boots offer a casual, trendy style that will look good on your girl. Choose boots from an array of colors to match your kids' personal fashion. Generally, slouchy boots for girls reach to mid-calf.
- UGGs: This Australian boot brand became famous in the mid-2000s and has remained popular with girls ever since. The sheepskin boot lining keeps girls' feet toasty warm.
- Lace-up boots: Another classic choice, lace-up boots provide girls with stability and strength. These boots are made for older girls and teenagers, as young kids and toddlers won't be able to tie the shoes' laces.
- Booties: These trendy shoes for girls stop right above the ankle. They are a fashionable boot look for kids.
How do you care for girls' boots?
Go ahead and let your kids get their boots dirty. It's easy to clean well-made boots and shoes for active girls.
- Regularly wipe dirt off of your kids' shoes to prevent staining.
- For waterproof footwear, simply clean with soap and water. You can use a waterproofing agent once a year to keep them as hand-me-downs.
- Moisturize your kids' leather boots with leather conditioner designed for shoes.
- Keep your girls' boots in shape by using a boot tree for storage.