Subaru WRX STI Body Kits
If you’re considering modifying your Subaru WRX STI’s appearance, body kits let you add your own personal touch. You will find a variety of styles to fit the front, rear, and the sides of your vehicle. Before you make a choice, you should do some research to make sure the style is right for your vehicle.What type of kit should you choose for your Subaru?
Subaru body kits include parts for every side of your vehicle, including the rear. So, you must first decide which part or parts of your WRX need of a visual upgrade. Keep in mind that the parts of each kit will vary per manufacturer. For example, some may have only the bumper and lip while others may feature a bumper, splitters, and other parts.
- Subaru WRX Front Body Kits: Enhance the lead part of your vehicle with a WRX front body kit. The set may include a bumper, splitters, lip, hood, and nose.
- Subaru WRX Rear Body Kits: With the right combination of rear components, you can improve the WRX's appearance and performance. The rear parts include a bumper, diffuser, and a spoiler. There are a variety of spoiler styles for the rear trunk and window.
- Subaru WRX Side Body Kits: STI side skirts, extension skirts, and fender flare kits give the WRX a low profile. The skirts create a stylish appearance, making the WRX seem lower to the ground.
Body kit components are available in carbon fiber, fiberglass, ABS plastic, and polyurethane. Each type of material has its advantages. Familiarizing yourself with the characteristics of each will help you make an informed decision. Here's a list of common materials.
- Subaru STI Carbon Fiber: This lightweight substance helps reduce the weight of your WRX, which improves the Subaru's performance.
- Subaru STI Fiberglass: Subaru WRX fiberglass components are warp-resistant and easy to repair.
- Subaru STI Polyurethane: Polyurethane is flexible, making it easy to fit bumpers, lips, and fenders on your Subaru WRX.
- Subaru STI ABS Plastic: ABS material is strong, rigid, and glossy.
- Subaru STI FRP: Fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) is a composite material mixed with plastic and fiberglass. It has the strength of steel but weighs significantly less.
WRX body kits can be purchased from the original equipment manufacturer, or you can choose to purchase one of the many aftermarket options available.