Blodgett Commercial Ovens
When you need restaurant or commercial-grade baking equipment, Blodgett ovens offer consistency and time-saving features that can reduce your stress when you are in the kitchen. Blodgett ovens are generally simple to operate, and they offer a number of benefits that make them useful in commercial kitchens. Blodgett offers a variety of deck, pizza, and convection ovens that can help your business thrive.What are the differences between commercial and residential ovens?
Those who intend to use an oven as an integral part of their business should consider the major differences between residential appliances and restaurant-grade appliances:
- Residential: Equipment that's made for home use is generally less powerful that restaurant-grade equipment. Further, they are usually designed to only be used once or twice per day.
- Restaurant grade: Appliances made for business use are designed to be constantly in use. They can also be used for longer periods of time without causing damage to the equipment while meeting demand.
There are five main types of ovens when it comes to restaurant-grade, food-making appliances:
- Standard: These Blodgett ovens have a heating element in the bottom that transmits heat into the main compartment of the unit, cooking food. Standard ovens can cook almost any type of food, making them highly versatile when it comes to commercial-grade appliances.
- Convection ovens: Convection ovens from Blodgett have fans inside that circulate air throughout the appliance. This helps food cook faster at lower temperatures. Food is consistently cooked throughout.
- Conveyor: These types of cooking appliances pull food through an oven using a conveyor system. This cooks the food very quickly and in a uniform manner.
- Deck and double-deck ovens: Deck ovens are lined with a stone shelf for baking breads. Deck ovens and double-deck ovens are appropriate for making pizzas and bread-based items.
- Pizza: Blodgett brick or pizza ovens have a baking chamber that allows chefs to make pizza and artisanal bread.
Commercial-grade Blodgett ovens offer a number of benefits for those running busy restaurants and businesses, including:
- Efficiency: Commercial-grade Blodgett ovens are able to cook a large amount of food all at once. This saves time and energy.
- Consistency: Commercial-grade Blodgett ovens will cook food consistently every time as long as the factors remain the same. This way, guests and patrons will always be satisfied with their favorite menu items.
- Passitivy: Many models of Blodgett ovens have programmable time and temperature presets that let you reduce the amount of time you spend checking on your food.