Black Vests for Women
A black vest can make any woman’s outfit instantly chic. Available in an array of fabrics, such as fleece, satin, faux fur, or suede, the item can be styled for a casual or dressy look. Women can find comfort, class, and warmth with this staple piece.What is a vest?
A vest is a sleeveless garment worn over shirts. Depending on the style, it is layered over other clothing, for example as a waistcoat or an outerwear jacket, or it can be used as an undershirt or under-jacket, for example as a suit vest. Typically lacking a collar, it can include button detailing down the front or other compartments such as a pocket design. The garment is often close-fitting, creating a smooth, flattering silhouette as a base for various outfits.How to buy a vest for women
This versatile fashion item comes in a variety of styles and cuts. The options can seem overwhelming, but there are characteristics to consider to make your decision easier. These features will help you purchase the right vest to add to your closet.
- Color: Playing with color can be a way to show off your style. Black goes with everything. If you’re looking for a go-to staple, purchasing vests with solid neutral colors like black will allow you the versatility to style in many ways. However, when you’re looking to get away from all black ensembles, an item with bold colors or patterns can make a statement when you want to spruce up everyday looks.
- Material: Fabric also determines how you can style your look. A black quilted vest is a common option for women that suits the colder months. Other options include cotton, denim, and leather. If you’re looking for formal selections, look into faux fur or satin. Also, consider whether a button, zipper, or pocket detailing is an important addition to you.
- Style: Having a style in mind will further narrow down your options. Common styles include cropped, longline, and oversized. Any of these cuts will create interesting and fashionable silhouettes.
Like a little black dress, black vests are smart fashion options as the classic color can be paired with several items in your wardrobe. You can use them as a base to create endless looks for the office, date-night, or a casual weekend. These tips will help you style your item creatively and practically:
- Layer your item over simple outfits. Pair it with a dress for a quick change. Also, the item goes well with many shirts: button-down tops, elegant blouses, or basic t-shirts.
- Think outside your comfort zone, and layer it over your outerwear. Your vest doesn’t have to stay hidden underneath a jacket or coat. Wearing it on top will show off its design, provide an extra layer for warmth, and give access to an additional pocket.
- Use accessories to personalize your item. A stylish belt cinches in the waist of an oversized jacket to create shape and add a chic touch to your look. Plus, the belt will add texture to a solid black piece. You can complete your ensemble by layering jewelry, such as necklaces or bracelets, as well as cool pins to upgrade a simple, black garment.