Black Orchid by Tom Ford Women's Fragrances
A year after iconic American designer Tom Ford launched his eponymous label in 2005, he debuted Black Orchid, his first perfume for women. A seductive brew of dark black orchids and rich spice, Black Orchid is a sophisticated fragrance. Bottled in sleek, opaque black glass bottle, Black Orchid makes a statement of style and glamour.What notes are used in Black Orchid?
Black Orchid blends rich, dark accents with florals and spice. The top notes are delicate jasmine, gardenia, blackcurrant, lemon, bergamot, ylang-ylang, and sweet mandarin. For its heart notes, Tom Ford Black Orchid uses orchid and lotus with floral and fruity highlights. The base is a decadent potion of vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, incense, amber, chocolate, and vanilla to complete the richness of the fragrance.How do you apply Tom Ford Black Orchid?
There are no wrong ways to use this perfume, but here are a few ideas.
- After a shower or bath: Start with clean, hydrated skin, as fragrances last longer this way. You may enjoy showering or bathing before applying your fragrance, using moisturizing oil in the shower or unscented lotion afterward.
- Before you dress: The fragrance will smell much better on bare skin than it will if applied directly to your clothing. It will last longer, too.
- With a light mist: Holding your bottle 5 to 7 inches from the area where the scent is to be applied, spray evenly and lightly. If you'd like to use a milder application of perfume, spritz it into the air and quickly walk through the resulting mist. The fragrance will be lighter than your normal application. It will also be evenly distributed over your entire person as opposed to concentrated on heated points on your body.
- On your pulse points: Certain areas of your body are pulse points and the heat of these locations activates your fragrance. This also helps the top notes emerge. Try applying to these areas, including behind the ears, near the collarbone, at the neckline, near the belly button, inside the elbows, and behind the knees.
Described below are a few ways to extend the staying power of your fragrance throughout the day:
- Store your fragrance properly: Don't expose your perfumes to moisture, direct sunlight, and heat. Keep them in a cool dark place. This will ensure that you maintain the quality of the scent so that you can get the most out of each application.
- Avoid the wrist-rub technique: Avoid applying fragrance to your wrists and then rubbing them together. Doing so can obliterate the fragrance’s top notes. Instead, apply small amounts of petroleum jelly onto your pulse points and then apply your fragrance. The ointment is occlusive and will help your fragrance last longer than it would on bare skin.
- Mist your hair: You can also use perfume on your hair. Spray your perfume onto your hairbrush and then use the brush on your hair to transfer the scent. As this is another level of application, it will help the fragrance last longer.