Who is Barbie's Wonder Woman?
2017 was the introduction of DC Comic's Wonder Woman to the big screen. She was an instant success and was championed as a great superhero for girls. The Barbie company followed up this box-office success with a collector's doll, perfect for any comics fan.
Who is Mattel's Famous Barbie?
Barbie the doll made her debut in New York on March 9, 1959. She was created by Ruth Handler, who worked for Mattel.
Ruth noticed that when her daughter played with her baby dolls, she would often them assign them adult roles, like mother, teacher, and doctor. Ruth realized that there was a market for a more grown-up doll. When she traveled to Germany she found the Bild Lili doll. Ruth brought the doll back to Mattel, and they used it as a blueprint to create Barbie.
- Barbie is sold in over 150 countries worldwide.
- Despite controversy about the doll, she has been marketed as a positive role-model for girls.
- She's has had 130 careers, including astronaut and doctor.
- The company also makes Barbie dolls based on famous women and characters, such as Wonder Woman.
Who is Wonder Woman?
- DC's Wonder Woman is an iconic comic character.
- She made her debut in 1941.
- Wonder Woman, played by Gal Gadot, first appeared in the 2016 movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- In 2017 she stared in her own live-action movie. It's widely considered to be one of the topic movies of the recent DC Comic movie franchise.
In the latest movie Wonder Woman, whose real name is Diana, is raised as the princess of the mythical island of Greek Amazon warriors. She is trained by her aunt Antiope and raised by her mother Queen Hippolyta to be brave, strong and loving. Diana does whatever she has to in order to do the right thing.
When a WWI spy named Steve Trevor crashes on their island, Diana realizes she must leave her home and save the world. She dons her iconic Super Hero costume of red and blue armor and assumes the identity of Wonder Woman.
What are the Features of the Wonder Woman Barbie?
There are several versions of the Wonder Woman Barbie, but the newest version is based on the 2017 DC movie.
- She is one of four characters that get their own special Barbie doll including Antiope, Hippolyta and Steve Trevor.
- Each doll is fully poseable to give them dynamic actions poses.
- They each come with a certificate of authenticity as well as a stand.
- Their hair is braided and styled, which could be a problem for very young Barbie collectors who love to play with the doll's hair.
- Each doll features removable armor, as well as their own weapons. Wonder Woman comes with her sword, her shield and her Lasso of Truth.
The Wonder Woman doll is a great collector's items and would be a wonderful gift for older Barbie doll collectors.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Barbie.