Baby and Toddler Boys' Christening Gowns
A baby christening or baptism is a time-honored tradition for some families, so christening gowns are an important outfit for baby boys. These outfits are typically made of white satin, lace, or other fabrics. Christening gowns for baby boys are often preserved as a valuable keepsake after being worn for infant pictures and religious ceremonies.Do boys' christening outfits have skirts?
Though all styles of baby christening clothing are often called gowns, not all christening outfits for baby boys will include skirts. Baby christening gowns for boys come in these types:
- Gowns: This is the most common version of christening outfits for baby boys. The skirted unisex christening outfit makes it easy to dress even small infants.
- Rompers: Rompers are a great way to celebrate a baptism while giving a more masculine appearance. They are normally a one-piece christening coverall with legs.
- Suits: Little white suits can make boys look distinct at christenings. These outfits are ideal for toddlers. They may include trousers, shorts, shirts, sweaters, or jackets.
- Convertible: Some christening gowns are convertible, so parents can have a formal skirted portion for the baptism ceremony. After the christening, the skirt can be removed to reveal a romper or pants.
Christening gowns are typically white, but they are not always plain. You can make your baby's baptism outfit more festive by choosing one with these decorations.
- Pleats: Pleats and pintucks add some texture and visual appeal to white christening outfits.
- Lace: Lace trim around the christening gowns' hems or sleeves is a common decoration for both boys and girls.
- Embroidery: Cute embroidered designs for baby boys are often religious symbols like crosses or fish.
- Initials: Personalized monograms on a shirt are a way to turn baby boys christening gowns into family heirlooms.
To find the right christening style for your baby, follow these steps.
- Choose a shape: Decide if you want a gown, romper, or suit set. Some churches may require a specific christening gown style.
- Select a material: Choose satin for a more formal look, or pick lightweight cotton or linen christening gowns for more casual occasions.
- Find the right size: Christening gowns come in a wide range of baby boys' and toddler boys' sizes. Though skirted styles do not have to be fitted, you will need a more precise size if you pick a shirt, trousers, or suit for the christening.
- Pick accessories: No outfit for a christening is complete without some cute accessories. Baby boys can wear matching hats or bonnets. Younger boys may need a matching christening blanket, and you can get white booties or shoes to complete the look.