Frequent Questions on the Avirex Men's Coats and Jackets
Avirex has a history of being a preferred supplier for several military branches in the USA, and vintage styles were once a provider to the U.S. Air Force. Avirex items may also fall under the brand's Cockpit USA label. New and preowned Avirex military and brown leather fashion jackets are available in any size on eBay.How do you choose an Avirex coat/jacket on eBay?
As Avirex coats and jackets have quite a few differences, eBay makes it easier to choose the perfect jacket by categorizing the items by features. The categories are:
- Material: You can purchase Avirex coats and jackets in cotton, denim, fleece, leather, nylon, and polyester.
- Style: You can also choose by style. Styles on eBay include bomber jackets, parka, varsity jackets, and windbreakers.
- Country of manufacture: You can also select your jacket by where it was made. Options are China, South Korea, and the United States.
- Condition: You have the option of purchasing a new or used Avirex men's coat or jacket.
Avirex coats and jackets are available in men's sizes extra small through 5XL on eBay. Taking measurements and choosing the right size is fairly easy when it comes to jackets and coats. It typically involves measuring the chest only. To do this properly, wrap a fabric tape measure around the widest part of your chest and shoulder blades, underneath relaxed arms. Keep in mind that the measuring tape should be flat across your back to ensure an accurate measurement.What linings do Avirex coats have?
Avirex coats can be lined with a number of different lining choices. These may include:
- Real and faux fur
Both styles of Avirex brand jackets are based on wartime designs for the military, which often reflect World War II styles. These items have evolved into jackets strictly meant for fashion, such as brown leather jackets or athletic team jackets. Some differences of each jacket may include:
- Bomber jacket: The bomber, in particular, is the basis for many varsity jackets. The vintage leather or otherwise more signature Avirex style jackets in the bomber category will instead be thicker and heavier than a varsity bomber and will often be fur-lined, with the fur exposed outside of the leather near the collar of the jacket. Classic bomber jackets usually come in dark brown leather. The jacket pockets of a bomber are often more distinctive-looking than the basic jacket pockets seen on a tanker jacket, especially in vintage leathers.
- Tanker jacket: The tanker jacket on the other hand, may resemble a light bomber jacket with less lining and may or may not be made of leather. The jacket pockets on a classic bomber are usually much larger, with external pockets set straight on the front of the jacket, and are likely to have flaps over the tops of the pockets. Tanker jackets will not typically have flaps over the tops of the pockets. Tanker jackets come in a wider variety of colors but are more likely to favor military colors than the brighter colors of varsity jackets.