Athletic Sneakers for Men
When it comes to footwear, athletic sneakers for men are everywhere. Like denim jeans, they have become an integral part of the male dress code. While sneakers can feature everything from air pockets to LED lights, what makes a shoe a sneaker is its construction.
What are some athletic shoe brands for men to look for?
● adidas - Easily recognized by the stripes, adidas is one of the better known brands in the athletic footwear market. As a brand, adidas is focused on the love of sport the world over.
● Nike - Known for the "swoosh" logo, Nike is one of the brands that turned men's athletic sneakers from simple footwear to must-have style. With lines like Air Jordan and Air Max, the company defined sneakers with sleek styles and necessary support.
● Puma - Puma offers a mix of retro-inspired shoes as well as updated versions of athletic shoes. Known for pizzazz and support, the comfortable sneaker brand offers collaborations from celebrities like Rihanna, and men's shoes that combine state-of-the-art features with bold colors and standout designs.
● New Balance - Functional and fashionable, New Balance offers high-performance athletic shoes for men for every occasion and sport. Take your workout up a notch with a variety of designs as well as a range of sizes to accommodate feet of all widths.
● Under Armour - Purveyor of sneakers, cleats, boots, and other types of athletic footwear for men, Under Armour made a name for itself by creating high-quality footwear and workout clothing. Packed with serious features designed to increase performance, Under Armour footwear uses today's technology to bring you the most current types of support.
● Fila - Sporty and stylish, Fila makes men's sneakers for every activity, from basketball to walking to running. With a traditional sneaker design and plenty of supportive features, including memory foam insoles, these shoes are a hit with men who need to stay on their feet for long periods of time and look and feel great at the same time.
● Vans - Though originally created for skateboarding, Vans has since gained a loyal fan base when it comes to men who enjoy a stylish, everyday sneaker. With styles available that include high tops, low tops, and slip-ons, Vans offers its trademark bold colors and designs to men who desire a bold yet functional shoe.
● ASICS - Bringing running shoes into the future, ASICS uses their patented GEL system to cushion and comfort men's feet while absorbing shock, creating a more efficient workout as well as maximum support. Lines like the GEL-Kayano and GEL-Nimbus offer power in a sleek shoe.
● Reebok - From classic styles to modern upgrades, Reebok offers a wide selection of sports shoes for men, including shoes meant for cross training, running, boxing, and walking. From the traditional leather gum shoe men loved in the 80s, to more futuristic styles loaded with features, the brand has made a seamless transition from decade to decade.
What should you consider when purchasing sneakers for men?
● Different brands run differently, so ensure you check the size chart and know how certain brands run.
● Purchase shoes for your specific activity to ensure optimum performance.
● Make sure you actually need the features the shoe you select offers, and don't just purchase shoes that look cool or offer multiple features you don't understand.
● Consider your own specific issues; weak ankles, heel issues or pain, and flat feet are just a few things to keep in mind when purchasing athletic shoes.
What men's sports require special footwear?
● Running - Running shoes have a flexible, lightweight fit that other shoes don't have, so it's a must to purchase running shoes for running and not use a different type of shoe instead.
● Walking - Shoes for walking have a supportive and stiff fit, created just for this activity.
● Basketball - Made for high impact activity on the court, men's basketball shoes offer more ankle support, shock absorbent, and stability than regular running shoes.
● Soccer - Cleated soccer shoes give you the traction you require out on the soccer field.