Pint-size Music Players
MP3 players are one of the most popular personal electronic devices that allow people to enjoy music anywhere they are. The 3rd generation iPod Nano is an iconic iPod model, marking a historical change in design and capabilities. With music and video functions, this device expanded the capabilities of music players in more areas than just music.
What Are the Features of an Apple iPod Nano?
- Display. This almost square iPod measures 2-inches by 2.8-inches with a 2-inch display screen.
- Power. This Nano has 24 hours of battery life with 5 hours of video playback. It also takes about 3 hours to fully recharge.
- Video. Whether you have the 4 GB or 8 GB, you can still play videos in many formats including H.264, MOV, and MPEG-4.
- Audio. The iPod Nano plays several audio formats including AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, Audible, MP3, and WAV.
- Storage. The 3rd generation iPod comes in 4 GB, which can hold 1,000 songs, and 8 GB, which can hold 2,000 songs.
What Accessories Are Available for an Apple iPod Nano?
- Cases. Because of its size, there are many different types of cases for the iPod Nano for active or passive use. Whether you're running or working out, you could either clip your Nano to your clothes or wear it in a wrap around your arm. Other styles of cases for this iPod include traditional slip cover cases or exterior shells, as well as flip covers.
- Headphones. The iPod Nano comes with plug-in earbuds; however, many other types of headphones are compatible with this iPod. These small earbuds produce quality audio through their innovative technology. The shape of the buds allowed audio waves to directly enter your ear canal.
- Cables. The third generation iPod Nano comes with a USB wall adapter along with a dock connector cable that has a USB connection. This allows the iPod to connect either into the wall adapter or to sync to any computer with a USB connection.
What Are the Main Differences Between the Other Generations of the iPod Nano and the 3rd Generation Nano?
Releasing in 2007, the 3rd generation iPod Nano ushered in major changes for each new release thereafter. This generation changed the shape of the Nano drastically from the traditional rectangle to a square shape in order to increase the size of the screen to 2 inches. This allowed for easier video playback. It also introduced Cover Flow, which was a way to navigate content on the iPod. This version of the iPod Nano comes in silver, red, green, blue, pink, and black.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.