Finding the Optimal Balance Between Power and Size With the Apple iPad Pro
When it comes to compromise, many people agree that a tablet offers a little of both worlds. While computers may be king in the office or at home, and smartphones are ideal for a quick check, tablets marry the technologies together, offering the power of a computer while keeping the convenience of a small device. One such tablet is the Apple iPad Pro, which is available from many of the reliable sellers on eBay.
What Is an Overview of the First-Generation Device?
The first generation of the iPad Pro was announced in fall of 2015, at a special event.
- The first iteration of the first generation was 12.9 inches corner to corner, offering a solid compromise between screen real estate and convenience.
- A couple of months later, with a release date of November 11, it came in gold, silver, and space gray color options.
- The next year, a smaller version was announced, which was 9.7 inches, allowing for easier portability at the cost of a smaller screen size.
What Is Under the Hood?
This first generation of tablets had many interesting technological components that turned heads in the consumer market.
- The original flagship model used iOS 9.1, while the reintroduced first generation model used iOS 9.3. Both used the A9X chip with 64-bit architecture, as well as an M9 motion co-processor, allowing users to use all the apps they want either offline, connected to Wi-Fi, or on the network.
- The CPU is a dual-core processor running at 2.26 GHz on the 12.9-inch model, and a slightly slower 2.16 GHz on the 9.7-inch model, though this is because of the smaller screen size, meaning it does not actually run slower.
- In terms of internal storage, both sizes came with multiple options for all of your apps and files, including 32 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB. Note: the 12.9-inch 32 GB is a Wi-Fi only model. See the manufacturer site for details.
What Are Some Features of the Apple iPad Pro?
Apart from the speedy components, there were many features that attract consumers to this particular line of tablets, as well as accessories, like keyboards.
- The 9.7-inch model contains a built-in 5MP 720p front-facing camera and a 12MP 4K rear-facing camera, while the 12.9-inch model has a 1.2MP 720p front-facing camera and an 8MP rear-facing camera. Both models allow for 1080p HD video recording.
- The 12.9-inch model has a 10,307 mAh lithium ion battery, while the 9.7-inch model has an 8,134 mAh lithium ion battery, both allowing for a solid battery life with considerable talk time—the smaller battery on the latter model is due to its smaller screen size and, therefore, less power consumption.
- There are many accessories one can get with this device, four of which are made by the manufacturer. These include a smart screen cover, an attachable smart keyboard, an active Bluetooth tracking stylus, and a form-fitted silicone case.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.