5 Things You Should Know About the Apple iPad 3rd Generation
Tablets can connect to the internet, and you can also use them to type up documents and play games. An Apple iPad 3, also referred to as the 3rd generation iPad, is a tablet that provides you with a variety of options.
How big is the 3rd generation iPad?
This device measures about 9.5 inches high and 7.31 inches wide. It has a depth of 0.37 inches. Its slim design allows you to carry it in a small backpack or purse. It weighs about 1.44 pounds.
What hardware and features does this device have?
This iPad is able to handle numerous tasks due to the hardware it has packed inside. Some of its hardware and features include:
- Cellular: Some versions of this device have cellular capabilities, meaning you can make calls from it and use cellular data plans to download data, surf the internet, and stream media.
- Storage: This iPad comes with 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of storage. The harddrive can store apps, documents, photos, and video.
- Chip: The device features a dual-core, low-power processor that was designed specifically for the Apple iPad. It also has a quad-core graphics card.
What type of display does this iPad have?
This version of the iPad has a 9.7-inch LED-backlit Retina display. This type of display makes your photographs, video, and text clear and sharp. It has a pixel resolution of 2084 x 1536 with 264 pixels per inch. The screen features multitouch technology and a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating.
Does the iPad 3 have a camera?
This iPad comes with two cameras that each have different technology. The cameras include:
- Front: The front camera is a FaceTime 0.3-megapixel camera that is capable of shooting VGA-quality video and photos.
- Back: The back camera can take 5-megapixel images. It can take photographs or shoot 1080p video at 30 frames per second.
What connectivity options does this iPad have?
The 3rd generation iPad features a number of connectivity options, including:
- Wi-Fi: This Apple iPad supports Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, meaning it supports the 2.4 GHz band. The Wi-Fi capabilities allow you to connect to the internet wirelessly at home and in cafes, schools, and other public areas where there are Wi-Fi hotspots available.
- Bluetooth 4.0: This is a short-range wireless interconnection that lets you connect your iPad to other devices even if there is no Wi-Fi access available. For example, you can connect your device to a Bluetooth-capable TV, printer, speaker, or phone.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.