What You Should Know about the 2012 MacBook Pro
Portable computers let you pick up your work and take it with you. If you are always on the go or want the option of changing your scenery while you work, shop, or play, a MacBook Pro is a computer to consider.What versions of the mid-2012 MacBook Pro are there?
This series of MacBook comes in 13-inch and 15-inch models, and there are a number of different variations within each size. While all of the computers are similar to each other, there are some internal variations:
- 13-inch models: The two model options have either a dual-core Core i5 or i7 processor. They also have integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics processors that use the system's memory to run. The 13-inch MacBook Pro models weigh about 4.5 pounds.
- 15-inch models: These larger MacBook Pro models have Quad Core i7 processors, which give the machines a quicker response. Additionally, the larger models have a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics processor with its own memory. It also has an integrated graphics processor. The computer is able to switch between processors based on how you are using it. These 15-inch MacBook Pros weigh about 5.6 pounds.
The similarities between all four models include:
- External similarities: These models all feature a "unibody" case, which is made from a single block of aluminum. All models in this line also have backlit keyboards, buttonless glass trackpads, and LED-backlit displays. Also, they all come with a webcam that has FaceTime capabilities.
- Connectivity similarities: All of the MacBook Pro models in the mid-2012 series have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. These MacBooks also include one Firewire 800 port, a Thunderbolt port with external display options, and two USB 3.0 ports. A standard SDXC-capable SD card slot and audio ports are also included.
- Internal similarities: All models have the option of adding a second hard drive, which comes in handy if you need additional storage. You can also choose to install an SSD.
Each of the four versions of the mid-2012 MacBook Pro has a different amount of storage space:
- 13-inch i5 model: This model comes with 500GB of storage on its hard drive. It also has 4GB of standard RAM that can be upgraded to 8GB if needed.
- 13-inch i7 model: This model comes with a 750GB hard drive and 8GB of standard RAM.
- 15-inch i7 2.3 model: Like the 13-inch i5 model, this version has 500GB of storage and 4GB of RAM, which can also be upgraded. The graphics processor has 512MB of RAM.
- 15-inch i7 2.6 model: This version provides 750GB of storage, 8GB of RAM, and an additional 1GB of RAM for its graphics processor.