Antler chandeliers, which may be made from authentic or faux antlers, add a cozy, cabin-style feeling to your home. Each one features natural textures and organic shapes that soften even the most modern decor. These rustic light fixtures come in a wide variety of sizes and styles, so it’s easy to find the right fit for spaces ranging from a small apartment dining room to a great room with cathedral ceilings.What types of antlers are used in antler chandeliers?
Antler chandeliers are made from a wide variety of antlers, including elk, moose, mule deer, and whitetail deer. Since real antlers vary in size, shape, and texture, each of these chandeliers is slightly different. Some chandelier models are made from reproduction antlers. Since the antlers are produced rather than harvested, the manufacturer has control over the color, shape, and style of each fixture.What are some types of antler chandelier styles?
Antler chandeliers come in a range of styles, each intended for a specific type of decor. With so many options, you can find a chandelier to fit a mountain cabin or a contemporary office conference room.
Many antler chandeliers use traditional chandelier light bulbs, which resemble the shape of a candle flame. Some chandeliers utilize small shades to cover the lights, creating a more diffused lighting effect. Antler lamps that feature downward-facing shades, such as island lights, may accept traditional LED or incandescent light bulbs.How can you choose an antler chandelier?
As you shop for antler chandeliers, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the many beautiful options. With these steps, you can choose the chandelier that fits your decor and provides ample light.
- Choose a size: Smaller chandeliers work well in compact spaces or rooms with low ceilings, while large chandeliers look beautiful in tall foyers or big rooms
- Select antler style: Choose chandeliers made with real antlers or faux antlers
- Identify your preferred number of lights: Create a cozy glow with chandeliers that use two to four light bulbs, or supplement table lamps or sconces with a five-bulb model. Chandeliers with 10 or more light bulbs provide ample lighting for large space.
- Choose frame and accent materials: Metal, wood, leather, crystal, and more are available for purchase
- Choose a style: Antler chandeliers come in styles such as rustic, modern, industrial, and more