Shop by Category
Shop by Style
Hot This Week
- Oak Bedroom Vanity Set Bathroom Make Up Bath Makeup Dressing Table Stool Dresser$118.44Almost gone
- 5 QUALITY ENGLISH MADE BRASS CUPBOARD CABINET TURN KNOB LATCH DOOR LATCH CB15$32.918 left
- WF-100 ART DECO WATERFALL STYLE DRAWER PULL, REPRODUCTION 5-1/2" W X 2-3/4" H$11.509 left
- VERTICAL CAST BRASS KEY HOLE COVER B0230$4.953 sold
- HomCom 4-Drawer Mid Century Modern Danish Style Dresser - Oak/White$69.992 sold
- STAMPED BRASS KEY HOLE COVER B0259$2.951 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You May Also Like
Make an Offer
- Beautiful Antique Maple Tri-fold Vanity Sold by Star Furniture Co. New Jersey$195.0015h 38m+$200.00 shippingMake Offer
- Antique 19th C Miniature Salesman Sample Victorian Chest of Drawers Dresser yqz$67.003d 23h+$15.83 shippingMake Offer
- Mid Century Walnut Danish Modern Style Nine Drawer Dresser$250.001d 21h+$0.00 shippingMake Offer
About Antique Dressers and Vanities
Beauty might be skin deep, but vanity runs right to the heart. Historically, women relied on antique vanity tables to prepare for dinner with royal kings and queens, meet with presidents, commanders and emperors, and get ready for Broadway shows. Beautification, as women know, is a serious business. The origins of vanity and desire to enhance personal beauty date back to ancient times. Women carried around small cosmetic boxes, filled with perfumes, oils, and mascara, and used small handheld mirrors to make quick fixes. In the 17th century, high-society European women gave the humble cosmetic box a facelift. Putting two and two together, they created the dressing table, also called the low boy. Antique vanity tables featured integrated mirrors and a long tabletop for placing makeup, brushes, hairpins, and jewelry. Tables had several drawers to store makeup and cosmetics. Some had small doors enclosing the mirrors, which folded when not in use, and contained small storage compartments too. Thanks to the foresight of these women, you can have an antique vanity table too. On eBay, look for an antique vanity dressing table that suits your style. You might search by storage capacity to hold all your beauty supplies, choose a table with five, six, or eight drawers. Or, look for a table by year, such as one crafted in the 1800s or 1900s. Some come in oak, others in mahogany, pine, and cedar. Ordering from reliable sellers ensures your shopping experience does not end in vain.