Kia Soul Antennas
It's always enjoyable to go for a drive in your stylish Kia Soul hatchback vehicle while blasting your favorite tunes on the radio. If your vehicle antenna isn't working right, though, the only sound you'll hear is the sound of silence. That is why keeping your antenna in good working order is crucial to getting the most enjoyment out of your Soul.How do you maintain an antenna on a Kia Soul?
Maintaining your Soul's antenna ensures you always receive the highest-quality broadcast signal and helps your antenna to look great so that it won't detract from the appearance of your vehicle. All it takes is a few easy steps to be able to keep your Soul's antenna in perfect condition.
- Remove It: The antenna mast is easy to remove by simply unscrewing it. So, if you go through an automated car wash, go ahead and remove the Soul's antenna so that it's not placed under any unnecessary stress.
- Restore It: The plastic in your Soul's antenna takes a constant beating from the sun. Over time, this can fade the antenna. To prevent this, use a plastic restorer on the antenna to bring back the original color as well as protect the plastic from future fading.
- Clean It: Your Soul's antenna base has a good seal to the roof of your vehicle. Over time, however, this seal can wear down, allowing small amounts of moisture to get under the base and sit for a long period of time. Every once in a while, it's a good idea to remove the base so that you can clean under it to ensure rust doesn't form on the roof of your vehicle.
Owing to the unmistakably unique styling of your Kia Soul, there are many different types of antennas available to allow you to personalize your vehicle and make it stand out even more.
- Factory: This is an exact original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, replacement antenna that matches the one your Kia Soul was originally equipped with.
- Metallic: You can select an aftermarket metallic antenna mast that comes in a variety of colors to match the exterior of your Kia or just your individual personality.
- Fin: Add an upscale look to your Kia Soul by replacing the antenna mast and base with a fin antenna. These provide slightly better aerodynamic performance as well as weather protection for the electronic components.
- Mini: This is a miniaturized model of a basic antenna that works especially well in areas with strong broadcast signals but not one with a lot of RF interference.