Cadillac DeVille Antennas
With its solid build and enjoyable performance, few elements highlight the great pleasure of driving a Cadillac DeVille sedan other than listening to your favorite radio station. However, the time may come when its antenna loses its strength. If you’re searching for a replacement Cadillac DeVille antenna, there are several factors to consider.What does a Cadillac DeVille antenna do?
While the purpose of a car antenna can vary, its overall purpose is the same. Radio signals, also known as radio waves, fly silently through the surrounding air. Your car antenna intercepts these waves by harnessing their magnetic energy. Once received, the antenna isolates the frequency within its receiver and amplifies transmission for your enjoyment.What are the different types of Cadillac DeVille antennas?
Cadillac DeVille antennas are similar to any other car antenna. There are three primary antenna types, which include:
- External Antennas: Manufactured out of fiberglass or metal, these antennas are installed near the trunk or hood of your DeVille. Since they’re on the exterior of the vehicle, radio reception is better than other internal antennas. However, external designs are susceptible to theft, weather erosion, and accidental breakage. Retractable antennas reduce the risk of damage and theft.
- Internal Antennas: As its name suggests, the antenna is installed on the windshield, dashboard, or trunk. Because there aren’t external components, this antenna is better protected from extreme weather damage or theft. Unlike its counterpart, reception quality isn’t as clear. However, most internal antennas come with a built-in amplifier to boost signal strength and transmission quality.
- Satellite Antennas: Traditional Cadillac DeVille antennas capture terrestrial radio signals, which are frequencies transmitted from ground-based sources. However, this antenna type receives signals from satellites. Introduced in 2010, this futuristic car entertainment antenna uses two devices. The radio dock translates incoming signals and attaches to your windshield or dashboard while the magnetic antenna rests on the roof. The devices connect through a series of wires. Unlike traditional radio, which is free, satellite radio is a paid subscription service.
Although most antenna types and designs work with this vehicle, it’s important to confirm compatibility before purchase. There are two main types of suppliers for Cadillac DeVille antennas, which include:
- OEM antennas: An acronym for Original Equipment Manufacturer, these antennas are direct from Cadillac replacement part providers who are contracted to make parts specifically for Cadillac. Tailored for your DeVille year and model style, OEM antennas look and fit as factory original parts. When looking for the right OEM antenna, have your vehicle year and model type in hand.
- Aftermarket antennas: As with other car parts, aftermarket antennas offer a wider array of styles and functionality. While these parts are made to fit a variety of vehicle body types, most aren’t made for a Cadillac DeVille. Confirm its compatibility with the supplier before purchase.