Anne Geddes Dolls
For over 30 years, Anne Geddes has produced art books and calendars depicting young babies sleeping, playing, and exploring. Many of her photos feature the babies dressed up in animal or flower costumes. Her photography went on to inspire a line of dolls modeled after some of her photographs.What kinds of Anne Geddes baby dolls are there?
These dolls from Anne Geddes feature babies as butterflies, bears, flowers, tigers, squirrels, hedgehogs, and many more. You'll also find Anne Geddes dolls that look like ladybugs, bees, fairies, bunnies, angels, Santa, leopards, and even simply as themselves. These baby dolls from Anne Geddes can be used as:
- Toys: Anne Geddes dolls are suited to children ages 3 and up.
- Decoration: Inspired by the work of the famed photographer, these baby lookalikes can be put on display.
- Collector's items: Anne Geddes dolls are also collectible. Because they come in sizes between 3 inches and 16 inches, you could display them in cabinets or on shelves.
You should take extra caution when caring for and cleaning your baby doll by Anne Geddes. If your doll is a collector's item, you may want to consider leaving it in the box to preserve it and keep it clean. However, if your doll by Anne Geddes is used for play or is out of the box for decoration, these care and cleaning tips can help:
- Keep your doll out of direct sunlight. It can cause the paint or clothing to fade.
- Keep your doll away from high temperatures, as this can warp the soft plastic.
- If your doll is on display, dust it frequently with a soft, dry cloth.
- If your doll becomes soiled, use a soft cloth with plain warm water to clean it. Avoid placing your doll in the washing machine or using soaps or detergents.
A toy baby from the Anne Geddes collection comes in different lengths depending on when they were produced and what edition they are from. Older dolls, such as the flowers or bears, can generally be found in 14 and 15 inch sizes. Other animals, butterflies, and flower dolls are generally 9 inches to 10 inches in length. There are even dolls as small as 3 inches long.Can you find Anne Geddes dolls without clothing or costumes?
Inspired by Anne Geddes photography for books and calendars, all babies from this collection were originally sold in-box with costumes or clothing. However, you may be able to purchase pre-owned baby dolls with different or no clothing at all. You may also be able to find clothing for an Anne Geddes baby separately.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Anne Geddes.