Alkaline Ionizer Water Filters
Alkaline ionizer water filters work by raising the pH of drinking water. This helps to supply the body with its daily dose of alkaline minerals, which promotes overall health and has pH balancing effects. These filtration devices are available in a variety of options, ranging from pitchers to water ionizers.How do these water ionizers work?
Water ionizers follow a two-step process. These devices filter out the unwanted components of tap water, like sediment, bacteria, and chlorine. Once it is properly filtered, the ionizer introduces a small electrical charge into the water. This process, known as electrolysis, separates the water into two streams. The first stream, which is safe for drinking and cooking, uses positively charged ions to create reduced water. It contains the alkaline minerals found in the tap water, such as calcium and potassium. The second stream is oxidized. This stream contains acidic minerals.What is the function of Alkaline water ionizers?
Standard drinking water has a pH level of 7. Alkaline water, on the other hand, has a pH level of 8 or 9. Proponents of alkaline water believe that it can help to neutralize and regulate the acid in the body. Other potential benefits of alkaline water include anti-aging properties, heightened antioxidant absorption, colon cleansing, improved hydration, and immune system support.What types of water ionizers and filters are available?
- Alkaline Ionizers: Traditional stand-alone machines offer the greatest range of features. They tend to have multiple alkaline settings, antioxidant generators, continuous cleaning functions, and flow control.
- Faucet-Mount Filters: Countertop purification systems are installed on the sink. These systems provide the same alkaline water benefits as other machines, but they do not always have as many customizable options.
- Under-Sink Filters: Under-sink options offer filtration abilities, ensuring alkaline water with every use. These devices often offer continuous cleaning. They also allow you to customize the alkaline levels of their water.
- Pitchers: Alkaline water ionizer pitchers do not use electricity to do their job. Instead, they use a combination of magnetized ceramics, magnesium, and other technology to force the water to ionize. The portable devices are a space-saving way to reduce the acidity of standard water.
- Portable Filters: Portable options are compact. They allow you to get ionized water on the go. They can also produce up to a dozen cups before needing a recharge. This device is an ideal choice if you travel often.