How to Select an Touchscreen Computer Monitor
A touchscreen computer monitor may not make your keyboard and mouse completely obsolete, but it can be convenient and enjoyable to use. Acer creates a variety of widescreen monitors filled with features that can enhance your computing experience and give your machine a hands-on feel.
What Are Some Size Options for Monitor Screens?
One of the first considerations that you need to make when purchasing a new monitor is how big it will be. You should take where youll put the monitor and what space youll have available into account as well as which size you need for specific purposes, such as work, school, or entertainment.
- Smaller LCD display sizes range from 21.5 inches to 23 inches. Though many of these are widescreen, regular screen sizes are available as well.
- Medium-sized monitors come in sizes such as 24 inches and 25 inches.
- For a larger monitor, opt for a display screen that measures 27 or 28 inches. Some larger models have added features like picture-in-picture, so you can view more than one type of content at once or multitask with ease.
What Are Features of Touchscreen Monitors?
Monitors come with numerous features, so make sure to select the right monitor based on the features that are important to you, along with size and other considerations.
- Monitors with a high contrast ratio bring colors and details to life. Some of these models offer 1920 by 1080-pixel resolution and produce over 16 million distinct colors. Full-HD 4K models mean youre getting the most brilliant and vibrant display available.
- Touchscreen monitors work quickly. With a fast response time, youre getting things done in seconds. The lower the number, the faster your monitor can complete a task, such as 8 ms or 5 ms. Multi-touch functionality lets you use your hands to alter and edit images or even draw directly on the screen.
- The easy-to-view display features anti-glare technology, which is easier on your eyes than a standard display is, and an LED-backlit design means that you dont have to strain to view content. You can also angle the screen as you desire, as its meant to be ergonomic and reduce discomfort.
What Ports Come with Touchscreen Monitors?
Ports are all the holes and inputs on the back of your monitor that let you connect your computer to a wide range of peripherals and other devices. Some of these are standard on Acer touchscreen monitors.
- VGA ports let you connect your monitor to your computer.
- An HDMI port is another way to connect peripherals to your computer. This could be in the form of a printer or scanner, or you can use an HDMI cable to connect other audio/video components like a Blu-ray or DVD player.
- USB ports are one of the most common ports. These sync data and charge devices, such as cameras or smartphones. A USB connection comes in several types and sizes, so ensure that your monitor works with your existing USB cables and cords.
Content is for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Acer.