By design, the A-line dress has a shape that is made to flatter the wearer in a way that draws attention to the most attractive female attributes. This style of dress is smaller at the hips and gradually widens as it extends to the hem of the dress so that the overall shape resembles that of a capital letter "A." A-line formal dresses are popular choices for special occasions and come in a variety of attractive lengths and styles.
What type of body shapes does the A-line dress flatter?
- Inverted Triangle - The inverted triangle shape, also commonly referred to as the wedge shape, is one that looks great in A-line dresses. Women who have this body type have broad shoulders and narrow hips, so wearing an A-line dress helps bring balance to the upper and lower body.
- Pear - Women with pear shaped bodies have hips that are broader than the shoulders and the A-line dress helps to create the illusion of an hourglass figure. Off-shoulder styles are great choices for a romantic evening or a night on the town with friends.
- Hourglass - A-line dresses look great on women who have an hourglass shape. Women who have this shape have a narrow waist as well as shoulders and hips that are proportionate to each other. Wearing an A-line dress with wider shoulders and a scooped neckline help to accentuate curves and the narrow waistline.
What lengths are available in A-line dresses?
- Short A-Line Dresses - The short A-line dresses are popular choices for many occasions. Many women like to wear this length to show off their shapely legs.
- Knee-length Dresses - Knee-length A-line dresses are common choices for women to wear during the warmer months of the year. Common A-line formal dresses include A-line prom dresses and A-line bridesmaid dresses.
- Midi A-line Dresses - Midi A-line dress lengths come in fashionable styles that are suitable for work attire or for special occasion evening wear. A-line wedding dresses in the midi length are often sought after by women who have spring and fall weddings.
- Long A-Line Dresses - Long A-line dress lengths have an elegant appeal which makes them suitable and attractive choices for weddings and other formal gatherings. The long length is often appreciated by women who need formal attire during the colder winter months as well.
What types of dresses are available in the A-line design?
- Wedding Dresses - A-line wedding dresses are available in a vast array of materials, sizes, and styles so it is easy for the bride-to-be to find the perfect dress for that special day.
- Bridesmaid Dresses - A-line bridesmaid dresses come in a variety of material choices, lengths and colors which makes it easy to match dresses to any wedding color theme.
- Prom Dresses - Proms bring with them memories that last a lifetime and finding the perfect dress important. A-line prom dresses come in fashionable styles that are sure to make women feel like the belle of the ball.