A/C Hoses and Fittings for Jeep Cherokee
The hoses in your air conditioning system help to move the refrigerant through your car and play an important role in keeping the interior of your Jeep cool. There are many options available when you need to replace a hose or coupling. It's important to know about different components of A/C hoses and fittings for Jeep Cherokee when making upgrades or replacements.What are some tips for selecting AC hoses and fittings?
Selecting refrigerant hoses and fittings for your Jeep Cherokee AC system can be overwhelming with the many options available. Following these guidelines can be helpful with the selection process:
- Select hoses and couplings compatible with your existing vehicle. You will want to get information on the make, model, and year of your Jeep. You may also want to know the production date in case the manufacturer switched parts in the middle of the production year.
- Choose a brand. You can choose from various OEM and aftermarket brands that are compatible with your AC system.
- Choose compatible hoses. You will want to select a hose that is able to carry both gas and liquid refrigerant. The hose should be able to handle high pressure along with varying temperatures.
- Make sure you get all the parts you need. Some AC hoses will come with the couplings preinstalled.
Understanding the different types of fittings available for your air conditioning system can help when selecting fittings. They play an important role in connecting the various refrigerant hoses to the system components like the compressor.
- Flare fittings are a compression style of fitting usually made from soft steel, copper, or aluminum. These fittings form a seal so that the hose connected to the compressor is airtight.
- O-ring fittings consist of a rubber O-ring used with a male and female threading. These are designed to provide a leak free connection and are used in medium to high pressure refrigerant systems.
- Spring lock couplings are held together by a garter spring and a cage that keeps the fittings from being pulled apart. Some spring lock fittings will also have a retaining clip as a secondary locking feature.
When you need to replace the hoses or fittings in your Jeep Cherokee, you have many options available for a replacement. If you’re looking for genuine original equipment manufacturer fittings and hoses for the air conditioning compressor, you can select from companies such as Jeep, Mopar, and Chrysler. With OEM replacements, the parts are made by the same companies that produced the parts that were originally installed on your vehicle. OEM parts are built to the factory specifications so that they fit properly in your Jeep Cherokee. You can also choose from companies such as Four Seasons, Global Parts Distributors, Santech Industries, and other companies that manufacture aftermarket replacement options. With aftermarket parts, you may need to make adjustments so that they fit properly in your Jeep. There are also unbranded options available as well.