A/C and Heater Controls for Nissan Sentra
The heater and A/C controls on your Nissan Sentra help you create a comfortable driving experience by enabling you to set the temperature, defrost or defog the windows, and manage airflow. With a wide selection of replacement parts for your A/C and heater control system, it’s a breeze to repair damaged components or replace your current control panel with an upgraded model.What climate controls are there for the Nissan Sentra?
The control options depend on the year and trim of your vehicle. In general, older Sentra models often use a simple three-dial panel layout; newer Nissans use a combination of dials and buttons for faster operation. Newer Sentras may also feature advanced options such as dual-zone temperature settings. Most climate panels include:
- Temperature: This dial enables you to choose the temperature of the heating or A/C system. Most Nissan models feature a gradient scale ranging from coldest to hottest. You can also find digital temperature displays for some models.
- A/C: The A/C button activates and deactivates the A/C system, while the Max A/C button closes the vents that allow outside air into your Nissan.
- Blower speed: It enables you to set how much air comes out of the vents, usually with a simple low-to-high scale.
- Vent location: This control is usually a dial or a group of buttons that send air to a specific combination of vents in the Sentra. Typical modes include the windshield, floor, dashboard, and rear.
- Recirculation: This button blocks outside air from entering your Nissan vehicle; it helps move hot or cold air around the cabin quickly for more efficient heating or cooling, and can also help keep out unpleasant skunk, gasoline, or oil smells.
The A/C and heater control panel on your Nissan Sentra usually includes multiple components. You can opt to replace one product or the entire panel.
- Panel: This plastic or metal shell holds the buttons and knobs that control your A/C and heat.
- Mounting brackets: These metal brackets are usually integrated into the panel; they feature pre-drilled holes for the screws that fasten the panel to the interior of the vehicle.
- Trim or bezel: This consists of a frame that snaps into place around the panel and conceals the mounting brackets.
- Control module: This is the computer that collects signals from the control panel and the temperature sensors in your Nissan. This module then sends commands to the heating and cooling systems in the sedan to achieve the set temperature.