Your Questions about 8mm Camcorders Answered
If you are looking to get started in videography, an 8mm video camera could be a good place to begin. Since they're inexpensive, starting out won't hurt your wallet as much, and you'll still get the experience you need. You'll find plenty of used or vintage 8mm camcorders on eBay for a reasonable price.How do you convert 8mm tapes to digital?
You can play your videos by connecting your camcorder to your TV through your camcorder's AV output connections. There is a way to convert 8mm tapes to DVDs at home, using the DVD player's AV-In or Video Inputs. Each model may have a slightly different procedure, so refer to the manufacturer's instructions. Alternatively, you can still convert 8mm tapes to DVDs at many photo centers.Are tape camcorders a good choice for beginners?
Due to their inexpensive price tag, used or refurbished 8mm camcorders can be a budget-friendly way to test the waters of videography. While somewhat outdated, these camcorders are an affordable way to get into your new hobby. An 8mm camcorder can also be used to create vintage-style videos.What can you use an 8mm camcorder for?
You can use an old video camera for a few things, some of which are listed here:
- Practice - A beginner looking to get into videography can use an old or refurbished camcorder. This way, you don't spend a ton of money on something you don't know how to use yet. Once you've gained experience, figure out your style and preferences, you can then go shopping for a newer camcorder. eBay provides a variety of used camcorders.
- Vintage-style shooting - If you're looking for unique styles to shoot in, an 8mm camcorder can give you an older look.
- Fun - If you aren't looking for high-quality video, and you want to play around with video recording cheaply, an 8mm camcorder may be for you.
Every camcorder is different. Here are the specs of three different 8mm camcorders:
- Canon ES410V Camcorder - It has manual or auto focus, a maximum shutter speed of 1/1000, auto or manual exposure, electronic image stabilization, an external microphone jack, and weighs 1 pound and 14 ounces.
- Sony CCD-TRV16 Camcorder - It has manual or auto focus, a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000, manual and 6AE modes for exposure, no image stabilization, a microphone jack, auto White Balance, Nightshot mode, and weighs 1 pound and 14 ounces.
- Sharp VL-A11OU Camcorder - It has manual or auto focus, a maximum shutter speed of 1/500, auto (4 modes) or manual exposure, auto or manual White Balance, and weighs 1.57 pounds.