A Computing Powerhouse: 2015 Apple MacBook Pro Laptops
Apple released two MacBook Pro laptop computers in 2015. The Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch model was introduced in early 2015, and the Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch model was released in mid-2015. One of these 2015 laptops may be more fitting to your needs than the other. Ranging from 13 and 15-inch models, the Apple MacBook Pro laptops are stylish and sophisticated but easy enough to use even for beginners, making them an ideal gift for users of any age or expertise.
How Should You Choose a 2015 MacBook Pro Model?
When choosing your gift, some of the primary factors to consider are these:
- The entry-level Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch model offers a faster performance, larger screen size, and weighs a pound more than the MacBook Pro 13-inch model.
- The Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch model offers an equally beautiful Retina display but in a smaller package. It’s a bit lighter than the 15-inch MacBook, and it may give you a few extra hours of battery life compared to the larger Apple laptop.
What Features Do These Laptops Offer?
Both 2015 MacBook Pro models are 0.71 inches thick, and each includes a Retina display, stereo speakers, dual microphones, 3.5-millimeter headphone jack, FaceTime high-definition camera, backlit keyboard, and Apple’s Force Touch trackpad. Each model features an identical set of ports and connections: two USB 3.0 ports, two Thunderbolt 2 ports, an HDMI port, an SDXC card slot, and a MagSafe 2 power port.
What Are the Differences Between the MacBook Pro Retina Laptops?
Some of the differences between the two 2015 MacBook Pro Retina laptops are:
- Both the 13-inch and 15-inch Apple MacBook Pro models offer high-resolution, LED-backlit Retina displays but in slightly different sizes and resolutions. The 13-inch MacBook Pro features a 13.3-inch diagonal widescreen with a 2560 by 1600 native resolution. The 15-inch MacBook Pro sports a 15.4-inch diagonal widescreen with a 2880 by 1800 native resolution.
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro weighs in at 3.46 pounds while the 15-inch model is a pound heavier at 4.46 pounds.
- The battery life on the 13-inch model provides an estimated 10 to 12 hours of run time between charges. The 15-inch MacBook Pro will run for about nine hours before needing a recharge.
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro model offers a dual-core Intel Core i5, 2.7 GHz processor with 8 GB of memory, 128 GB SSD storage, and an Intel Iris Graphics 6100 processor. The 15-inch model comes with a quad-core Intel Core i7, 2.2 GHz processor installed, 16 GB of memory, 512 GB SSD storage, and an Intel Iris Pro Graphics processor.
What Are the Features of the Force Touch Trackpad?
The 2015 MacBook Pro Retina models were the first to introduce Apple’s click-free, pressure-sensing trackpad. The top hinge has been removed so that it does not physically click when depressed. Instead, when pressure sensors located under the four corners of the pad's glass detect pressure, the electromagnetics fire off a vibration that feels like a click to the user. Using what’s technically called haptic-feedback technology, this trackpad combines more precise cursor control with more pressure-sensing options, including a new gesture called Force Click, for additional functionality. It’s also simple to fine-tune the adjustable trackpad to suit your sensitivity preferences.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.