What to Consider Before Buying a 17-inch Laptop Sleeve or Case
If you need to bring your laptop with you when you go to work or school, it's a good idea to make sure it's protected from damage. A sleeve or case can help prevent your 17-inch laptop from breaking or being scratched if you accidentally drop it on the ground.What case styles are available for 17-inch laptops?
There are both 17-inch laptop sleeves and cases available to help with the protection of these devices. Laptop cases or bags generally come with a strap and a padded interior compartment for you to store your computer in. Cases may have additional compartments that allow for the storage of accessories or other items along with your laptop.
Laptop sleeves are padded compartments to store your laptop in. They are usually just large enough to fit the laptop and don't come with additional storage space the way a case might. You can carry a laptop sleeve by itself or put it in another bag. Most shut with a zipper, but some may use Velcro. Some companies sell sleeves with rings that enable you to attach a strap so the laptop sleeve can be carried on the shoulder like a bag.What materials are sleeves and cases made out of?
These products can be made from a variety of materials, and they come in a wide array of colors and patterns. Here are some of the most frequently used materials.
- Nylon: Nylon is a synthetic material that is commonly used to make laptop sleeves and cases because of its strength as a fabric.
- Neoprene: This foam-like material is often used to make wetsuits because it provides insulation. There are many neoprene laptop sleeves on the market.
- Leather: Leather cases and sleeves come in a variety of styles and colors. There are ones available that are made to resemble traditional messenger bags, but they have a padded enclosure to carry a laptop.
- Microfiber: Microfiber is a synthetic material used to make sleeves. It tends to be thinner than materials like neoprene.
- Make sure it's the right fit: If you have a 17-inch laptop, you'll need to get a product specifically made to fit a computer of that size. A smaller one won't provide the same level of protection because it won't enclose the laptop appropriately.
- Consider materials: The material a laptop sleeve or case is made out of will determine the way it looks as well as the level of protection it provides. Depending on the material, some cases can be thicker than others.
- Think about storage space options: A laptop case generally provides more storage space than a sleeve, but some laptop sleeves have pockets that can be attached or removed depending on your needs.