Average review score based on 45 user reviews
of customers recommend this product
The name "Baby Einstein" can lull you into thinking it's okay or even good for babies to watch t.v., but the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no television AT ALL to children under 2 because so many studies have proven its harmful effects on children. Studies have shown that:
- for every hour of television a baby watches a day, their chances of acquiring an attention deficit disorder increases by 10%.
- among babies ages 8 months to 16 months, every hour spent daily watching programs such as 'Brainy Baby' or 'Baby Einstein' translated into six to eight fewer words in their vocabularies as compared with other children their age."
- brain wave activity in babies is slower when watching television than when sleeping.
"Signing Time" (Two Little Hands Productions) DVDs is an option for occasional video viewing because communicating in sign language with your child is proven to:
- reduce frustration and tantrums
- accelerate language development
- promote parent-child bonding
Last thing for new moms - carrying newborn babies (in arms or next to body) an extra 3 hours a day resulted in 40% less crying. So carrying baby in a carrier or sling can help calm fussy babies!
I purchased this Baby Einstein DVD prior to the Baby Einstein recall. To review this specific DVD, it was very plain and mono-tone. Teaching the child English, sign language, and Spanish at the same time was not my ambition. It is too much.
The baby Einstein Recall: It was stated that every hour spent watching baby Einstein, your child will loose 4 words a day that they would have learned.